1. Walker's rating of the film High School

One of my favorite documentaries

2. bryanvmh's rating of the film High School

The uncomfortable ogling of high school girls in gym shorts sucks, but this is probably the best anti-American documentary I have seen. Authority figures struggling to maintain control by any means necessary, warding off promiscuity at all turns, girls being taught how to walk properly by a woman who calls out a girl for being heavy only to call herself "a fat old lady," and the valorization of "our boys in 'Nam."

3. Balthaz21's rating of the film High School

4. Ryan Swen's rating of the film High School

It takes a nation to raise a class.

5. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film High School

6. Landen Celano's rating of the film High School

Whoa. Just caught a 35mm print of this at Cinefamily here in Los Angeles, and I feel like my entire idea of documentaries has been altered straight down to its DNA. The use of long lenses to prevent interfering with the camera's subject is one thing, but Wiseman seems to float as if completely invisible to the films cast. He is a literal fly on the wall. FREDERICK WISEMAN IS A FLY WITH CAMERA EYEBALLS.

7. Duarte Lima's rating of the film High School

discipline is the form for success, therefore happiness in the modern society.

8. THE APOLL0's rating of the film High School

Strange that some things can be so alien from the past and yet some things never change.

9. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film High School

"If you're just part of this larger community that we call a nation you can reap the benefits." http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2014/07/episode-21-first-films-of-frederick.html

10. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film High School

Interesante como la rutina de un grupo de adolescentes se revela como una fábrica de un imaginario social. A través de su cinema verité, Wiseman registra los tipos de conocimientos, las normas y las reglas, las actividades, los cuestionamientos; toda una serie de sucesos inmersos en un espacio educativo que adoctrina. Un estudio antropológico de campo en donde la sumisión y el prestigio son las palabras claves.

11. Videograms's rating of the film High School

disembodied bodies, singing simon....at the end are we really all products of a factory?

12. Zac Weber's rating of the film High School

Frederick Wiseman's High School is still as fresh and observant as ever. This is a documentary about the institution of the high school, not any individual characters. Wiseman utilizes cinéma vérité conventions to create a reality that is, in the words of Jean-Louis Baudry, "more than real."

13. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film High School

★★★★ follow the rules. individually.

14. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film High School

Anyone know where this is available to watch?

15. Knut Morte's rating of the film High School

"Each boy has to lower his pants so the school nurse can inspect his genitals, as was typical in 1960's public schools."

16. MATT's rating of the film High School

I went to Northeast High School and never knew about this? Im all for seeing it now.

17. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film High School

I don't really know how to talk about Wiseman yet, he's that cosmically good. Public high school hasn't changed much, apparently, beyond the rise of political correctness and the drop in literacy (the latter of which can partly be blamed on some of the problems diagnosed here).

18. Harry Rossi's rating of the film High School

What a freak show of a movie. Kind of truly terrifying. The attitudes and ideals these people are implanting on children are completely insane. Once again Wiseman has managed to really impress me. His camera feels as if it burns right through these people's souls. Funny that this High School felt more sterile and scary than the hospital or the mental institution Wiseman also brilliantly captured.

19. Andrei Herea's rating of the film High School

Wiseman manages to capture the intricate beliefs, attitudes, values and social undercurrents that are present in U.S.A.'s late 60's - made all the more visible in an educational institute whose sole purpose is to perpetuate and mold these beings into something society deems as 'normal'. My only concern: the comportment/attitude of certain individuals was noticeably influenced by the presence of the camera.

20. Drunken Father Figure of Old's rating of the film High School

Such a great movie! I was really blown away!

21. Eleni Ashton's rating of the film High School

Studying 'The Dangling Conversation' in English is pretty neat.

22. Kilgore Trout's rating of the film High School

The mechanisms and institutions of childhood development all conspire to do what society does: to instill deference to authority, suspicion of dissent, intolerance of idiosyncrasy, and an attitude of uniform compliance to accepted norms with the instinct to segregate and deride anyone who deviates from them. Wiseman captures every aspect of this process merely by caring to observe it. The ending is heartbreaking.

23. Ryan Estabrooks's rating of the film High School

Amazing, the displays of power struggles happening in real time are captivating.

24. Mary Anne Magajes's rating of the film High School