1. Aardsy's rating of the film High Sierra

Standard Bogey tough guy fare.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film High Sierra

Un excellent thriller qui permet à Humphrey Bogart de donner toute la mesure de son indéniable talent grâce à un solide scénario repris ultérieurement par Raoul Walsh lui-même, en 1949, sous le titre de "La fille du désert" et par Stuart Heisler en 1955 avec "La peur au ventre." Un classique du film noir des années 1940-1950... www.cinefiches.com

3. le Gars's rating of the film High Sierra

4. Balthaz21's rating of the film High Sierra

5. Ethan's rating of the film High Sierra

This is one of the best of the classic gangster films and Bogart is at the top of his form here.

6. bulgrin's rating of the film High Sierra

Bogart is fantastic in this, and he would get 4 stars. Ida Lupino is also good. Besides the rest is an entertaining piece, but nothing great.

7. SpacePirate's rating of the film High Sierra

A solid crime drama, but some of the supporting characters seem like caricatures from a gangster film spoof. Lupino and Bogart are in top form though, and I particularly enjoyed the location shooting at the end. See They Drive By Night for perhaps a better Lupino-Bogey film, although this one is not to be missed for fans of Bogey, as it really shows his star on the rise.

8. Jack Hoehn's rating of the film High Sierra

at least there was ida lupino?

9. Pedro's rating of the film High Sierra

Average; I'm fond of Bogie too but I wouldn't give this one 4 stars. It has a few mistakes but at least we get to see Willie Best playing the wisest man. That Pard gives me the creeps.

10. Drew.'s rating of the film High Sierra

I'm about to start watching this. I'm sure it will be good because of this man named Walsh, and this other fellow I like to call Bogie.

11. Edward Copeland's rating of the film High Sierra

The film that made Bogart a star also plays as an elegy to the gangster genre that made Warner Bros, a success in the 1930s. http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2010/01/brother-when-they-hang-that-no-1-tag-on.html

12. chanandre's rating of the film High Sierra

[Cinémathèque PT #22: 35 mm]

13. Dave's rating of the film High Sierra

The film that start the shyrocketing of Bogey to the top star in Hollywood history. Walsh was a master at handling gangster films and this is no exception. Putting Bogart together with the always-icy Ida Lupino produces great results.

14. Pradipta Mitra's rating of the film High Sierra

15. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film High Sierra

Classic crime drama highlighted by the star presence of Humphrey Bogart and Ida Lupino. It's sometimes stagey and slow-paced, and it spends a bit too much time on a sympathetic subplot - but the characters are intriguing and there are several memorable moments. Not among the best, but solid Golden Age filmmaking.

16. Risselada's rating of the film High Sierra

So Drew, was it indeed good for you? I had the same hopes as you because of the people involved but was a bit disappointed.