1. Aardsy's rating of the film High Society

Lacks spark and hardly any fun.

2. Terri Wise's rating of the film High Society

It's just not a film that needed to be remade.

3. eugenie de sade's rating of the film High Society

i showed up for francis but the real treat was skipping all of ding crosby's songs

4. Kyra W's rating of the film High Society

A few good songs and a few good lines does not a good movie make.

5. taniaburrito's rating of the film High Society

6. SpacePirate's rating of the film High Society

Just a dreadful remake of Philadelphia Story. A shame this was Kelly's swan song, bc she is quite good here, but Crosby is woefully miscast. Sinatra is as usual a very capable and underrated actor.

7. Ark V's rating of the film High Society

For an old hollywood blockbuster, this is socially interesting in places. If you like the old school pizzazz it's hard not to get carried along.

8. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film High Society

2.5 stars. I don't think this is a good movie but it has a few moments that resonate with me. When Kelly and Crosby harmonize to "True Love" with the camera feasting on her perfectly beautiful face, I am putty. When Sinatra sings "You're Sensational" to her, I melt. She was a very limited actress but something incomparable came through here and in her Hitchcock films.

9. Bijoux Alexanderplatz's rating of the film High Society

Enjoyable, but I was hoping for more music, especially since this had Sinatra, Crosby and Armstrong.

10. Algitya's rating of the film High Society

Swelegant elegant party this is ~... Sensational! That's All. ^ ^

11. MarcelVonPure's rating of the film High Society

It's funny, but in the 1950's many of the untouchable, classic b&w films were recast/revamped into these huge technicolor extravaganzas. "Philadelphia Story" became "High Society","Ninotchka" became "Silk Stockings", "Libeled Lady" became...ah, i can't remember but Esther Williams was in it...ha. Whatever. Many were terrible, but...the MUSICAL remakes didn't suffer comparison to the originals as badly.

12. chanandre's rating of the film High Society

Aha. I knew I had seen this. Philadelphia Story remake indeed. It's nice tho. Cole Porter's music? C'mon how much cool could you get? I like Kelly's and Sinatra rapport only dislike the fact that it's kinda remake-ish. Pity. Other than that. It's pretty solid flick.

13. MarcH's rating of the film High Society

As a fan of the original "Philadelphia Story" I was sure I'd hate Grace Kelly in this role, but she's very convincing. I cannot say the same for Bing Crosby.

14. S. Singh's rating of the film High Society

The intro when Louis Armstrong opens with that song is incredible. Probably one of my favourite openings to a film ever.