1. yesim.tuba's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

Poem about trauma and rebel against oblivion. War, abandonment, pain. Marvelous photography. Though I wonder how a women cycled to another city for two days including nights and walked through streets during the night without being endangered.

2. angeldromero's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

Thank you Resnais, THANK YOU.

3. Scottie Ferguson's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

As someone who's counted Marienbad as a top ten favorite for years, I can't believe it took me so long to see this one. Hits many similar thematic notes as that masterpiece, and shares with it, I suspect, a tendency to richly reward repeat viewings.

4. Elie's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

Quel miroir. Ce reflet, éternel et universel, de l'amour, et cette douleur que l'on nourrit, me fait l'effet d'une bombe au cœur.

5. Simon's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

Tu n'as jamais vu Hiroshima mon amour...

6. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

Those opening post-atomic shots blend seamlessly into the story; absolutely haunting.

7. Karolina Rimkute's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

It aesthetically depicts the deep fall into one another in a short period of time. The feeling you get from the beginning lasts till the end, making the remembrance of Hiroshima's past tragedy and the surroundings of the city to smoothy integrate into a fragile main story line. The scenes of her strolling around from one place to another well show problematic relation to oneself and the ones we love.

8. chicajomles's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

[You're destroying me. You're good for me. How could I know this city was tailor-made for love?] The ashes and dust of a destroyed city juxtapose over the topography of past lovers, always a treacherous journey: we have to betray the memories of the ones we loved to love again. Resnais film strives to follow that trajectory: After a glowing collision, everything vanishes slowly.

9. xiaoyue's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

marguerite duras has always used repetition to brilliant effect in her own prose, and in tandem with alain resnais' visual direction it has resulted in a dreamlike affair de coeur. love is transported to an unfamiliar landscape, and exults in its own temporality.

10. Adam GR's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

Dazzlingly humanitarian and personally poetic from the beginning. Emmanuelle and Eiji suspend together through a hiatus of love. She is silently captivating when they shave her head.

11. bulgrin's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

A blast of a film. The perfect movie.

12. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

Really loved this film. There are harrowing scenes showing Hiroshima at the start but it is a beautiful love story showing the consequences of war on a general scale but also at a personal level. Emmanuelle Riva is brilliant as this French actress who is in Japan to feature in an anti war film and the relationship with this Japanese architect who cannot let her go is beautiful. Recommended!

13. jhubbs's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

Cryptic, haunting, lovely. The first half is near-perfect, but the film starts repeating itself and stays a bit too long. The most "French" film I can imagine. 3.5

14. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

The intensity of Emmanuelle Riva's screen burn from cool, carefree Gallic siren to cropheaded, castigated, neutured prisoner is astonishing, absolutely on a par with Resnais' bold ambition to draw parallels between war and love. Painfully romantic and utterly devastating, with a fantastic score by Georges Delerue.

15. MisterColo93's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

16. poetboi's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

a big ol' slow burner. one for the thinking part of the brain. pretty, but not AMAzing. curious, i guess. I liked the war footage at the beginning, very reminiscent of "Night and Fog". probably could have finished eight minutes earlier.

17. DebraM's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

An anti-war statement that still has relevance today. The opening scenes are harrowing but it remains for me one of the most singularly beautiful films of all time.

18. Maïna's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

19. ujjwal's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

'Like you, I have fought with all my strength against oblivion. Like you, I forgot. Like you, I have desired an inconsolable memory..a memory of shadows and stones. I have fought alone, with all my strength, every day against the horror of not understanding anymore the reason to remember'

20. ceknklsn's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

92/100 (Emmanuelle Riva ve gerçek bir klas. Bu filmleri izleyip hem mutlu oluyor hem de hüzünleniyorum. Çünkü sanırım bu filmlerden bir daha çıkmayacak ve ben de eskilerden kalanların hepsini izlemeye yaklaştım. Savaş karşıtlığı, şiir, aşk, varoluşsal sancılar. Herbirinin bir filmde harmanlanması o kadar zor ki. Günümüzde basit olayı bile saçmalaştıranlar varken bu film altındır. Lost In Translation'ın ilham kaynağı)

21. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

Intelligent drama worth every second. It is emotionally rewarding and with a excellent small cast basically consisting of only two characters. A fantastic film experience among the best ever made.

22. sabrina's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

The beginning POV/montage sequence was super cool!!! Although there is an obv parallel between atomic devastation and love/heartache/forgetting, i think that maybe that is kind of a strange (maybe melodramatic) association.

23. Marach Adipalin's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

An utterly scary movie for the truth it contains in depiction of human nature.

24. tatalf's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour