1. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

Really loved this film. There are harrowing scenes showing Hiroshima at the start but it is a beautiful love story showing the consequences of war on a general scale but also at a personal level. Emmanuelle Riva is brilliant as this French actress who is in Japan to feature in an anti war film and the relationship with this Japanese architect who cannot let her go is beautiful. Recommended!

2. jhubbs's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

Cryptic, haunting, lovely. The first half is near-perfect, but the film starts repeating itself and stays a bit too long. The most "French" film I can imagine.

3. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

The intensity of Emmanuelle Riva's screen burn from cool, carefree Gallic siren to cropheaded, castigated, neutured prisoner is astonishing, absolutely on a par with Resnais' bold ambition to draw parallels between war and love. Painfully romantic and utterly devastating, with a fantastic score by Georges Delerue.

4. MisterColo93's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

5. poetboi's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

a big ol' slow burner. one for the thinking part of the brain. pretty, but not AMAzing. curious, i guess. I liked the war footage at the beginning, very reminiscent of "Night and Fog". probably could have finished eight minutes earlier.

6. DebraM's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

An anti-war statement that still has relevance today. The opening scenes are harrowing but it remains for me one of the most singularly beautiful films of all time.

7. Maïna's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

8. ujjwal's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

'Like you, I have fought with all my strength against oblivion. Like you, I forgot. Like you, I have desired an inconsolable memory..a memory of shadows and stones. I have fought alone, with all my strength, every day against the horror of not understanding anymore the reason to remember'

9. ceknklsn's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

92/100 (Emmanuelle Riva ve gerçek bir klas. Bu filmleri izleyip hem mutlu oluyor hem de hüzünleniyorum. Çünkü sanırım bu filmlerden bir daha çıkmayacak ve ben de eskilerden kalanların hepsini izlemeye yaklaştım. Savaş karşıtlığı, şiir, aşk, varoluşsal sancılar. Herbirinin bir filmde harmanlanması o kadar zor ki. Günümüzde basit olayı bile saçmalaştıranlar varken bu film altındır. Lost In Translation'ın ilham kaynağı)

10. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

Intelligent drama worth every second. It is emotionally rewarding and with a excellent small cast basically consisting of only two characters. A fantastic film experience among the best ever made.

11. sabrina's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

The beginning POV/montage sequence was super cool!!! Although there is an obv parallel between atomic devastation and love/heartache/forgetting, i think that maybe that is kind of a strange (maybe melodramatic) association.

12. Marach Adipalin's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

An utterly scary movie for the truth it contains in depiction of human nature.

13. tatalf's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

14. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

L'essenza del cinema, un forma purissima della settima arte. Resnais mette in campo una vivissima poetica dei sentimenti, sacrificando, giustamente, sull'altare delle grandi idee quello che è il ritmo narrativo. Cauto e riflessivo, è un film che porta ad immedesimarsi nel prolisso, ma accattivante, racconto dei protagonisti, fino a sentire noi stessi la Marsigliese sopra la testa ed il freddo tra le dita. Intenso.

15. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

Beautiful in all it's poetic mystery, HIROSHIMA MON AMOUR is the love printed on film. Gorgeous to look at, strange to be confronted by, hurtful to think of.

16. andretz's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

17. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

The film stretches out too far for me. I just didn't feel that connection while watching. But it does leave a burning mark imprint with you especially for that opening scene. There's nothing I can fault on this film, the subject matter is delicate but daring and can be translated in so many ways, the acting is flawless, the camera shots arguably paved the way for the french new wave it just didn't hit my sweet spot.

18. Chearth's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

19. Mafalda Costa's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

20. Freakyfilm's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

21. Jessie Yap's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

我经历了,我遗忘了,我再次经历了。那本已被遗忘的回忆如潮水般汹涌而来,原来我所遗忘的都没有被遗忘,它深深地被埋进我的心底,直到下一个触动我心底的人将它出土,让我重新体验那个被遗忘的感觉。我烦恼着到底该不该再次把它埋葬,或者说烦恼着该不该再次经历这些痛苦去将它遗忘。

22. azoulay's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

Hiroshima mon amour c'est le génie de Duras qui rencontre celui de Resnais. C'est l'effroi de la guerre contre l'effroi de l'oubli c'est l'impossible amour au milieu de la folie humaine qui déchire les corps et la plus brulante des rencontres butte sur l'échec désespéré de cette vie à ce moment là de l'histoire. C'est désespéré et splendide

23. biljana Gaće's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

24. fada19's rating of the film Hiroshima mon amour

La grande Emanuelle Riva ; au top dans ce film mythologique du grand Alain Resnais , des images somptueuses .