1. LauraPalmer's rating of the film His Girl Friday

Rewatched and re-loved. Simply great.

2. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film His Girl Friday

3. James Mackin's rating of the film His Girl Friday

4. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film His Girl Friday

Not quite ***** until I succumbed to the most perfectly precise, hilarious little left-to-right pans as Russell is pulled back and forth between two simultaneous, manic phone calls -- among the most exquisite post-silent, pre-BORN YESTERDAY uses of form purely in aid of laughs!

5. FISCHER's rating of the film His Girl Friday

Un succulent festival d'humour grinçant ! www.cinefiches.com

6. Elisabeth's rating of the film His Girl Friday

enjoyable but less funny than Bringing up baby!

7. janh24's rating of the film His Girl Friday

8. Ross's rating of the film His Girl Friday

Rather predictable that he would get his wife back, why she could not resist the persuasive power of Cary Grant

9. muh.'s rating of the film His Girl Friday

Has to be one of my favourite screwball comedies.

10. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film His Girl Friday

It's not perfect, although some would argue against that, but this is a damn fine screwball comedy with plenty of zingers in every scene and great performances from Cary Grant, Rosalind Russell, and Ralph Bellamy.

11. Risya's rating of the film His Girl Friday

One of the few classic Screwballs that still can retain its laughs even after a couple more viewing.

12. Alice Rizzo's rating of the film His Girl Friday

13. Steve G.'s rating of the film His Girl Friday

Unlikely to be remade by Nicolas Winding Refn.

14. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film His Girl Friday

Fast, furious, funny. Very entertaining.

15. Superfrog's rating of the film His Girl Friday

Keeps the rhythm for the whole length which is quite a feat considering the contrived setup. Deserves high marks just for this. And for keeping me awake while struggling with a bloody headache from seasonal cold.

16. st aga's rating of the film His Girl Friday

There's more to this than Cary Grant, but honestly, if this tailored-suit-shiny-hair debonaire charmer was doing all the machine gun dialogues himself, it would still be worth it.

17. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film His Girl Friday

Great lead characters with good on screen chemistry

18. McOpinionated's rating of the film His Girl Friday

Some really entertaining bits, and definitely worth a watch. Nearly 4* but rather too much shouty dialogue at times.

19. angelicidea's rating of the film His Girl Friday

The fast-paced dialogue and people shouting over each other reminds me of the best (and worst) radio shows I used to listen to. Witty, but not funny.

20. Tja's rating of the film His Girl Friday

Russell and Grant create a contemporary master piece with their fast-paced, impeccably timed dialogue. Russell is way ahead of her time as the vigorous, assertive woman, torn between work and romance. Despite the set looking like a stage play the energy of the direction and of the lead players raise the modest source material to another level. Now, where did I leave my trilby...?

21. miles's rating of the film His Girl Friday

This movie moves faster than a techno track.

22. Deiner's rating of the film His Girl Friday

I can't believe it took me this long to finally watch this! I loved it, LOVED it from the minute it started. The witty dialog, the fast pace... EVERYTHING! Russell and Grant were fantastic! The latter is quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite actors.

23. Pedderrs's rating of the film His Girl Friday

It's difficult not to smile whilst watching Howard Hawk's His Girl Friday. The dialogue is impossibly quick-witted and delivered with aplomb by two supremely talented performers in Gary Grant and Rosalind Russell, who both hit their cues effortlessly from one seamless scene to the next. But what on the surface may appear to be a lighthearted comedy is also a damning critique of mainstream media. As relevant as ever.

24. Jack Brookes's rating of the film His Girl Friday

What is media to do when what is worthy of report appears moment after moment?

← Previous 1 3 4 5