1. Diderot's rating of the film History Is Made at Night

In many ways a delightfully absurd film that mixes melodrama, screwball comedy, and the disaster movie in a way that mostly works. The last 30 minutes just don't deliver on the more promising first sections.

2. nessmj's rating of the film History Is Made at Night

really wonderful condemnation of the ability of wealth and power to ultimately corrupt. not working with humor in quite the same way to illustrate that as his contemporary, Lubitsch, but showing a much uglier side of this corruption. still having trouble grasping the geopolitical implications without having historical context. seems to me there is quite the jab at England.

3. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film History Is Made at Night

4. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film History Is Made at Night

Jean Arthur was never as musky and womanly as in this film. Charles Boyer (or Frank Borzage) brought something even more sexual out of her than Joel McCrea did in "The More The Merrier." And that film had some pretty sexy scenes.

5. ZYNAB's rating of the film History Is Made at Night

currently streaming on hulu plus

6. Dave's rating of the film History Is Made at Night

Borzage does romance and melodrama as well (or better) than anyone else, and throws in moments of screwball comedy here as well. I will just slip this one into my Top 50 for the 1930s for the moment...far from my favorite Borzage, but still an often overlooked gem.

7. Jack Lineman's rating of the film History Is Made at Night

It's just to strange to be average.