1. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film History of Fear

2. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film History of Fear

3. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film History of Fear

I liked the feeling of suspense and uncertainty.

4. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film History of Fear

Closer to 2.5/5. A movie organised less around a narrative and more a series of thematic motifs: surveillance, the policing and transgression of borders, the routine uncanniness of suburbia. In its pacing, use of silence, and the understated dread of long takes and locked off cameras, many scenes feel like deleted scenes from unmade Haneke movies. But here, also, the effect is more self-conscious and less immersive.

5. captainfez's rating of the film History of Fear

At least the vacuum turned in a credible performance.

6. msmichel's rating of the film History of Fear

Enigmatic yet arresting feature debut from Naishtat that is more about establishing a feeling of dread than providing a tangible story. Gated communities come under the scope here bringing to mind better films like 'La Zona'. Fair calling card that bodes well.

7. wiwitaek's rating of the film History of Fear

I'm going to rewatch it someday

8. john.fisherman's rating of the film History of Fear

How can you depict Fear on film? A huge mirror elegantly held up against American white middle class.

9. Dries's rating of the film History of Fear

10. lupiter's rating of the film History of Fear

historia de la pretenciosidad. visualmente sarpada, la música también muy bien. el resto deja que desear, pero no me sorprende.

11. mgaspa's rating of the film History of Fear

12. henk@loftmatic.com's rating of the film History of Fear

Final score: 8. Storyline: 8, Originality: 9, Cinematography: 8, Involvement: 7, Sound: 7, Editing: 8, Educational: 7, Title design: 7, Acting: 8, Interesting: 9, Unusual: 10, Exciting: 7, Superior: 7

13. hemelsblauw's rating of the film History of Fear

14. luissilva274's rating of the film History of Fear

Beautiful film. It depicts several sides of fear in routine life. We're really quite fragile as humans, no amount of civilisation and material comfort will make fear go away, even if it's just the fear of love. Specially liked Jonathan's character Pola, frustrated by everyone else and their silly fears.

15. Magic Lantern Alison's rating of the film History of Fear

A story of fear indeed. Emotionally blank in a Scandinavian way that did really well at isolating what it was dealing with. Really interesting.

16. Cliff's rating of the film History of Fear

Gave up after watching someone doing the vacuuming for 5mins

17. marxsbeard's rating of the film History of Fear

I don't know what's going on. What do you expect me to do? Two lines of dialogue that cut to the chase here. A Haneke-style blank canvas. Either lazy as hell or cinematic genius depending on yr mindset. Social allegory played out as 80 minutes of absurdy deadeyed vignettes, with vaguely unsettling/droll undertones. Nothing happens. Something happens. Everything happens. I dunno.

18. canistabbats's rating of the film History of Fear

Masterful black comedy with beautiful cinematography that brings us closer to understanding the malaise of modern life even as it alienates the viewer from the characters themselves.

19. Superfrog's rating of the film History of Fear

I like the image, the situation and the film in the film, but one has to admit that what it has in style it lacks in coherence. High marks as it feels unpretentious in what its weaknesses and assured in what it delivers.

20. The Heff's rating of the film History of Fear

I never stop watching a film in case I miss the point...I found this a slow and very weak story...but I persevered...sort of wish I hadn't.

21. DrFirestone's rating of the film History of Fear

Visually beautiful, some of the shots are impressive, solid cinematography. The atmosphere is great, very suspenseful. However, I felt that I am missing something... I'm guessing it's because the film is set deeply in the Argentinian realities and context, making it difficult to appreciate fully for someone who never lived there...

22. raggiodisole's rating of the film History of Fear

23. scancian's rating of the film History of Fear

a bit weak on the story but ok, nice description of two separate worlds

24. Ian Pike's rating of the film History of Fear