1. ionu's rating of the film History of the World: Part I

2.5, loved the Spanish Inquisition part

2. FISCHER's rating of the film History of the World: Part I

Quelques épisodes de l'histoire de l'humanité traités avec l'humour énorme et narquois de Mel Brooks pour un film somme toute tonitruant et d'une verve comique indéniable. Le rire est garanti à tous les étages et à toutes les époques et la dérision historique fort bienvenue. Une oeuvre de détente et de franche rigolade ..... www.cinefiches.com

3. Tudor Rachieru's rating of the film History of the World: Part I

4. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film History of the World: Part I

One of my first R-rated films.

5. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film History of the World: Part I

A loose collection of sketches that never feels scattershot.

6. James Mackin's rating of the film History of the World: Part I

7. Dominic Simard-Jean's rating of the film History of the World: Part I

Funny and all but the musical numbers kinda ruin it. Meh.

8. HSBilly's rating of the film History of the World: Part I

mel brooks rewrite history? its good...... to be the king.

9. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film History of the World: Part I

The Roman Empire sequence is decent and you can tell it's the part that Brooks spent the most time on. Everything else in this move is unfunny and drab and suffers from repetition. Maybe this might sound prudish, but many of Brooks' sexual humor is quite perverted. Quite honestly, I think Brooks is a less funny, less charming, and less attractive version of Woody Allen. Orson Welles is great though!

10. Sue Denim's rating of the film History of the World: Part I

How do you say "Hi!" to Oedipus?

11. mjgildea's rating of the film History of the World: Part I

Despite taking forever to see History of the World: Part I I don't feel like I missed out by not seeing it sooner. There were a few points where I actually laughed out loud (the Bea Arthur cameo and whenever anyone said "Count de Money") but overall I wasn't blown away. Maybe I'll change my tune after a few more viewings...

12. All Is Grace's rating of the film History of the World: Part I

13. MegaMeg's rating of the film History of the World: Part I

It's good to be da king.

14. Edna Sweetlove's rating of the film History of the World: Part I

Do you like your humour subtle? Yes? Then you won't like this one much, will you, dear? Severely underrated spoof of the Hollywood epic is one of Mel Brooks' finest hours.

15. Ross Ostrom's rating of the film History of the World: Part I

Having seen movies of his like "Young Frankenstein" and "Blazing Saddles" first, I'm sorry to say that "History..." left me wanting more. Although filled with classic Mel humor, and the 'jews in space' bit was more than amusing, it was a bit drawn out in places. Also, you can only use the same joke a few times before it loses its effect.

16. Polyglot's rating of the film History of the World: Part I