1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Hit and Run

2. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Hit and Run

Naruse has such a subtle and gentle touch, I would never assume he would try his hand at a good old fashioned noir. As tonally different as this is for the master of the working class domestic drama, it’s still incredibly contained, tight, and surprising without betraying the essence of what makes his films so fucking affecting. The rich get away with everything.

3. Anthony De Luca's rating of the film Hit and Run

3.6 Whoa. Dark stuff. Like The Stranger Within the Woman of the same year, this sticks out as an oddity in the Naruse oeuvre. Reminded me of a Yoshida movie in many ways. I could easily picture Mariko Okada in the Takamine role. Naruse rollin' with them new wavers.

4. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Hit and Run

Extremely strange for Naruse, a kind of suspense film where Takamine Hideko is a bereaved working-class mother who finds out that the one who really killed her little boy in a hit and run wasn't the company employee who took the rap but an executive's wife, then decides to take revenge. Not bad, but pretty lurid. It is wonderful that Naruse didn't end his career with this.

5. Glynford's rating of the film Hit and Run

An English subtitled version exists of this films.