1. Patrick John's rating of the film Holding the Man

I AM DESTROYED RIGHT NOW I NEED SOMEONE TO HOLD ME JESUS CHRIST THIS FILM IS TOO HEAVY MY HEART HURTS WHY THE FUCK WAS THIS FILM ALLOWED TO RUIN ME

2. melancolia's rating of the film Holding the Man

I was thinking: is this one of those "bury your gays" trope" even though it is biographical? The fact that it is filmed. "Holding the Man" is bittersweet. A Romeo and Julia-esque portrayal of two human beings in love for 15 years. So many hindrances on the way, so many trials. It was difficult to watch the end.

3. Pymo's rating of the film Holding the Man

4. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film Holding the Man

Tough viewing. The early parts when their relationship is starting is really nice, then it hits you with the really heavy stuff that I personally found hard to sit through. Also partly because I found it a tad on the boring side during the mid and later parts of the film. Ryan Corr is terrific as Tim though. One of the better performances from 2015 that I've seen.

5. Matt Richards's rating of the film Holding the Man

Strong, believable and well executed film that perfectly captures first love and the intimacy of a lasting relationship. 4 stars

6. jxn's rating of the film Holding the Man

initially i found it hard to get into but after a while i was fully absorbed in their world. not a perfect film but the good really outweighs the bad.