1. elenagallen's rating of the film Hollywoodland

Diane Lane is as awful as usual and the production design is painfully distasteful.

2. A47's rating of the film Hollywoodland

3. BrianFromConcentrate's rating of the film Hollywoodland

Ohh what it could have been! Great story with a good cast, but it just didn't completely come together. Upon second viewing I enjoyed it more, but I still kept wanting a little more out of every scene. If you are bored and have some time, stream it on Netflix, but don't buy the DVD.

4. Dave's rating of the film Hollywoodland

Solid in spots, frustrating in others. All in all, the epitome of an OK movie - not great, not bad. I will agree with some other reviewers in the sense that I agree that it felt like it could have reached even greater heights, or that it would get there at any moment, but never quite makes it.

5. Phil Worfel's rating of the film Hollywoodland

Huge let down. I had high expectations and the actors all brought their A-game but the script and the director really didn't seem to know how to craft a great thriller/detective story and ended up with an uncompelling waste of talent.

6. Sophia Bravo's rating of the film Hollywoodland

It had such a beautiful premise! Actors in roles that suited their abilities! Gorgeous scenery! Beautiful costumes! Everything!..... except a coherent plot or decent director.

7. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film Hollywoodland

The atmosphere is right; Adrien Brody as the detective and Ben Affleck as TV's 'superman' George Reeves, are great in their roles; but the interest for its convoluted and disjointed plot decreases every minute.