1. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Home Movies

Unfortunately it doesn't really get going until it's half over, and even then I had no clue what was going on. Best parts are the meta-ish scenes with Douglas and Gordon. Still, I suppose I'd rather watch BDP conduct a failed experiment than try and make a 'legit' movie, and again the Donaggio score is incredible. I guess I liked it for how ridiculous it was.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Home Movies

Difficile de résumer cette pseudo-comédie à peine compréhensible et qui ne provoque que de rares et embarrassés sourires. Tourné par De Palma avec ses étudiants du "Sarah Lawrence College", cette farce rappelle le triste amateurisme des premières réalisations de son auteur... www.cinefiches.com

3. Renton47's rating of the film Home Movies

De Palma's entry into the dysfunctional fam-com genre is slight but scathing, one of the few instances of his 'fair-game' comedy jabs working. Male egotism, female histrionics, blackface and OG furries (?) are all in the mix, and only the Maestro character stands out from his nuclear family critique. The youtube VHS quality might detract from enjoyment, but the similarity to Miike's Visitor Q doesn't help. 2.5

4. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Home Movies

De Palma's second "student film" is a work reminiscent of his first; The Wedding Party. This time he's the tutor & not the pupil, but the amusing if sometimes scattershot blend of wacky slapstick, character-based hijinks & social satire seems an obvious continuation of that earlier work. While the miniscule budget & apprentice crew deny the viewer the characteristic 'De Palma style', the film is not without interest.

5. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Home Movies