1. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

4.5 // we couldn't have seen all of this otherwise. so truthfull and intimate

2. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

3. Nachtreich's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

Magari da vedere una volta.

4. Federico's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

A deep look inside iraqi society during the USA invasion and some months before. It's an important testimony of that period. I really appreciate for that documentary.

5. captainfez's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

As gruelling as the conflict itself.

6. unverfügbar's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

This war hasn't ended. Or maybe it has for western news media but surely not for people who were left with the whole mess that Bush's politics have led to. It's very upsetting to realise the whole hipocrisy that lets people now scream about barbaric ways of Daesh. But in what way does this Western way differ? What is the end that justifies these means? 'Homeland' is one of the most important docus of 21st century.

7. Murata's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

You can see and know what had happened inside Iraq through lives and voices from ordinary people who lived there. This is a viewpoint not from government of Iraq nor US, but people living there.

8. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

"We need to have fun before the war". 20/3/2003. The horror, military area. "The house collapsed and everything burned". (...) "We want to avoid a bloodbath". (...) "Is this Iraqui cinema! Is this our heritage! Those who have destroyed these archives, they might need it someday. One can take revenge on a regime, but why take revenge on culture?" (...) "Only the school sign remains". My heart is broken.

9. Renton47's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

Illuminating the darkest consequences of an imperialism still justified - justified in the West's representation of the Middle East, the political denigration of their people and religions. Mammoth commitment to first bonding the audience with day-to-day and then upending all familiarity when the spaceships arrive. Fahdel seeks faces to tell this history, allows all who seek to be documented. Mostly, RIP Haidar

10. Gabriel's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

A unique experience that walk you through the real Iraq. The one that existed before the disastrous american invasion, and the one that existed afterwards. This is the purpose that cinema as an art expression must always have: put some light into the darkness.

11. lou.'s rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

A heart-breaker documentary. Haidar's death made me feel I like I've lost a little brother.

12. Marcin Żuraw's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

extremely sad, loved the kid. americans as aliens in sc-fi movies

13. nejra.'s rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

the most heartbreaking film i've seen.

14. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

Amazing document, that can look at first pretty ordinary. The first part (before the war) depicts everyday's family life in Iraq. Watching Saddam's propaganda on TV and going to school. 3 hours later begins the other side of paradise. Military forces everywhere, insecurity, violence, political chaos. You can hardly describe a big scene in Homeland but the patient work of Abbas Fahdel pays. Essential film.

15. Beaucine's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

One of the finest, most moving, important, vital films I've seen in years and years, a miracle of a documentary and totally unforgettable.

16. Maria Dada's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

Un chef d'oeuvre bouleversant!!! A VOIR ABSOLUMENT!

17. fearraigh's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

A vital historical document of the run-up to and early months of the Iraq war that gives a rare opportunity to ordinary Iraqis to tell their side of the story. Compellingly watchable and at time gruelling. The best film by far to come out of a criminally reckless enterprise that has informed much of the world's ills today.

18. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

19. smokescreen's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

20. Aaken's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

A total must see. Fahdel's documentary is heart-wrenching, poignant, beautiful and eye-opening. The 5 hours go by like minutes. A perfect way to know the inside story of a human tragedy that governments and medias are shaping up.

21. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

家園 — 伊拉克零年

22. rian's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

Good God. One of the finest contemporary documentary.

23. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Homeland (Iraq Year Zero)

The very ending is absolutely overwhelming , so sad! And justify all the long first part, tragically. I thought at first that Part 1 was uselessly too long and repetitive, it is still true as a "everyday life chronicle", but as a tribute to this poor little boy, it isn't. America, FUCK YOU >_<