1. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Hondo

My dad is a huge John Wayne fan. He practically worships at the guy's feet. That being said as a kid I never really enjoyed westerns, especially not John Wayne westerns. However, the older I became the more I started to appreciate John Wayne. Hondo isn't by any means the Duke's best film, but it is far from his worst. This is a fun enough western that will leave you engaged from start to finish.

2. José Neves's rating of the film Hondo

TV. Cinematography by Robert Burks and Archie Stout. A variation on Wayne's usual persona, making him half Apache!, though smilingly an alpha male. It's an usual western with the peculiarity of much of its action is contextualized in a concentrated space, where the relation between the protagonists evolves as in a kammerspiel. It doesn't avoid, however, quite a few clichés and dramaturgically disputable situations.

3. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film Hondo

Westerns are so aggressively blah to me. Even THE SEARCHERS. They perhaps have lost their cultural cachet and so it's easier for me to shit-talk Westerns than something still hip like film noir. This one starred John Wayne as John Wayne, lamenting the destruction of the Native Americans.