1. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Hondo

My dad is a huge John Wayne fan. He practically worships at the guy's feet. That being said as a kid I never really enjoyed westerns, especially not John Wayne westerns. However, the older I became the more I started to appreciate John Wayne. Hondo isn't by any means the Duke's best film, but it is far from his worst. This is a fun enough western that will leave you engaged from start to finish.

2. José Neves's rating of the film Hondo

TV. Cinematography by Robert Burks and Archie Stout. A variation on Wayne's usual persona, making him half Apache!, though smilingly an alpha male. It's an usual western with the peculiarity of much of its action is contextualized in a concentrated space, where the relation between the protagonists evolves as in a kammerspiel. It doesn't avoid, however, quite a few clichés and dramaturgically disputable situations.

3. Elephants Gerald's rating of the film Hondo

Westerns are so aggressively blah to me. Even THE SEARCHERS. They perhaps have lost their cultural cachet and so it's easier for me to shit-talk Westerns than something still hip like film noir. This one starred John Wayne as John Wayne, lamenting the destruction of the Native Americans.