1. Chearth's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

2. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

3.4 stars. Bergman's 'Juliet of the Spirits'. Would make for an exceptional radio drama or walking simulator. Indeed, the plot of mental disintegration upon an island which welds geographical landscape to psychological terrain, reminded me greatly of 'Dear Esther'. As a film however I'm not convinced that Bergman's austere monochrome is well suited to baroque, even flamboyant horror. Surely influenced Lars von Trier.

3. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

Considered one of Bergman’s secondary works and I don’t know why. It’s a brilliant exploration of how a true deep love for someone also invites you to being able to witness and believe in the demons they witness.

4. DenoResandono's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

HOUR OF THE WOLF is Ingmar Bergman's effort to make a horror movie. The result is beyond everything. It's a different horror movie. It isn't just merely frightening. HOUR OF THE WOLF adds philosophical and existential themes in its storyline. Max von Sydow and Liv Ullmann succeed to give a wonderful performance. Not to mention, Sven Nykvist's cinematography is able to make this movie more frightening...

5. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

6. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

7. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

Somewhat atypical Bergman with the dream-state horror motifs and devices working well (to a point) underscoring the fear & paranoia. The true 'horror' isn't so much the surface detail but within the tumultuous internalised emotions erupting forth when self, desire, guilt or need for solitude is compromised. Where the motifs grate somewhat is in the sheer stew of them, from gothic to surrealism and points in between.

8. Ethan's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

This is a haunting and arousing film.

9. Arf's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

10. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

Not since The Shining have I seen a film try this pathetically hard to be scary. In general, the more Bergman I watch, the more boring and predictable his work seems. Makes me worry to revisit Persona.

11. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

I added an extra star for Liv's performance. She had the sweetness and caring of a much younger woman. The movie seemed like a meditation on a horror film rather than an actual horror film. You get that distance from the way it kept pulling away from the emotion and back into Max's confused mind.

12. ammar's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

13. Aardsy's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

14. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

I can't decide if bits of this film are lowkey nonsense, nor do I care--nobody crafts an atmosphere or oddly upsetting images like Bergman. Persona is to Altman as Hour of the Wolf is to Lynch.

15. jkristianl's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

16. FISCHER's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

Film d'une désespérance totale, d'une noirceur inouie où même l'art (ici la peinture) n'a plus de fonction d'exutoire, de décantation du subconscient. L'artiste meurt d'un excès de solitude et d'incommunicabilité. A voir absolument (et qu'on ne parle pas de cinéma élitiste, comme certains enragés du bis) www.cinefiches.com

17. ermete polpette's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

18. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

19. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

Думаю, трохи витонченого безумства від генія Бергмана не завадить нікому.

20. Roy Deckard's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

This movie is like Fellini, Kubrick and Lynch got into Bergman's mind and gave him nightmares.

21. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

(...)Nacht für Nacht bleibt er wach, erzählt von seinen Träumen (oder sind es Erinnerungen?). Die Realität, für ihn nur ein Drahtseilakt. Wo beginnt sie und wo hört sie auf? Schleichend werden seine Träume wahr...

22. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

23. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf

What a beautiful, strangey and formidable dissection on existential concerns. Love it and possible my favorite film from Berman. Max Von sydow is abolustely perfect in his role.

24. Nytse Jam's rating of the film Hour of the Wolf