1. HAD!L's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

2. Jim Fear's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

Over the top sad and emotional, come on did he really had to suffocate himself? Couldn't he just drink the tea too? Lmao. Jennifer Connelly's hotness made me go through this painfully slow and pointless movie..

3. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

The actor in me is willing to look over and plot holes or dull moments in favor of the incredibly brutal performances by the entire ensemble. Still has some really cool shots with a minimal score to make the movie feel like a sad, slow poem. That acting though!!

4. JasonAv's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

5. John H. Nomedal's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

An intriguing movie where a house is the centerstage of a battle between a former iranian Generals family and young woman living on the edge of insanity. The great casting of Connolly vs Kingsley is what makes this movie more thrilling than its actual premise. Roger Deakins plays it safe with a realistic look with a lot of close ups - despite this the dripping kitchen crane shot in the beginning was a really cool!3.5

6. Zach Closs's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

James Horner's score is typically overwrought and that cop is a bit of a wonderfuck, but besides that, "House of Sand and Fog" is an eerie and truly compelling melodrama full of moving performances. Nearly every major character we encounter (besides the aforementioned jagoff) is sympathetic, which is no small feat and makes the film impactful and exhausting. Watched it twice in a row and devoured it both times.

7. Tigrão's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

8. rorydean's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

A striking film with brilliant, subdued direction by Vadim Perelman and memorable scenes with Jennifer Connelly, Ben Kingsley, and Shohreh Aghdashloo (the latter who was fantastic in The Stoning of Soraya M).

9. Beatriz Torres's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

10. Huw Morgan's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

Great, slow-burning drama with a dramatic final act. Some poignant and thought provoking ideas resonating from the ambiguous story.

11. Sneerwell's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

A heartbreaking drama about pariahs, rolling stones who with their last strength strive not to fall into quicksands and shadows. Everything seems so quaking, ustable and blurry that people feel alien and desolate in this grim world of "sand and fog". A harrowing ending, that's for sure, but absolutely credible (kudos to Kingsley for his brilliant interpretation)

12. Adriano Rocha's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

"Drama extremo. Muitos clichês, mas uma história diferente, com final muito trágico." "An extreme drama, with lots of cliches, but it has a different story, with a very tragic ending."

13. mpho3's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

This movie was impossible for me to enjoy. I hated all the main characters and especially Jennifer Connelly's. I also found the lives of the Iranian exiles to be damn depressing. It was slow to boot. A lot of people loved this film, but you'll know after 20 minutes or so whether you wanna continue watching it. If you have even the slightest hesitation, just do yourself a favor and hit the "stop" button.

14. Tara Violet's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

an interesting film though I found it as a whole emotionally overwrought (and overly so). the film did not benefit from its overly moralistic tone nor the fact that I felt I did not get to know the characters as well as I'd hoped, they seemed more like characters than people. the cinematography is beautiful however and it is still a fascinating look into the effects of obsession and pridge

15. ACOMPLETEUNKNOWN's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

There are some great performances in this flick.

16. Calhoun Kersten's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

House of Sand and Fog features some great performances from it's cast, but unfortunately, that isn't always enough. The story itself is simple, but emotionally engaging. However, there are moments where the movie would benefit from the whole "less is more" mentality. Still, it's a noble effort featuring some truly accomplished acting from Connelly and most notably Ben Kingsley.

17. Will C's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

To say that House of Sand and Fog is "emotionally manipulative" is something of an understatement, but the trio of performances from Kingsley, Connelly and Aghdashloo, coupled with Deakins' atmosphiric cinematography, elevate it to a higher pedigree where it earns the emotions it gets from you.

18. VENIMOS LOS JODIMOS Y NOS FUIMOS's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

La acumulaciòn de situaciones dramaticas dejan pendeja a "Nosotros los pobres" de Ismael Rodriguez (pero Jennifer Connelly hace que te valga madres: es un bizcochito delicioso, esa mujer...)

19. Josh Tierney's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

Yet another sadsploitation film in the vein of Monster's Ball and other such trash.

20. Mr. Wills's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

Vacation and Ace Ventura Pet Detective are excellent films. I've got an extra copy of each. Jot down your address and I'll send them to you.

21. Blue K, Custodian of the Cinema's rating of the film House of Sand and Fog

Don't listen to Dimitris. It's a decent film. D, go become a fan of Vacation and Ace Ventura Pet Detective again, :D