1. Nick Schwab's rating of the film House of Voices

Pascal Laugier is one of my top horror-thriller directors of recent years, but his first film breaks my first act rule when watching movies. If a film doesn't stir my emotions in that amount of time (regardless if it's a slow or fast paced film) and gets me watching the clock and not caring much about what happens next, then my mind is often elsewhere and I'm just distracted while forcing myself to finish it.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film House of Voices

Malgré certaines afféterie de jeunesse, une première oeuvre qui mérite quelques considérations et suscite de louables attentions. On attend avec curiosité la suite... www.cinefiches.com

3. Joseph Carthey's rating of the film House of Voices

In the Nazi occupation of World War II, hundreds of children were sent to “Saint Ange” but most died before the end of the war. Anne begins work in the ominously towering orphanage. She has nightmares of an orgy of mirrors crashing and bodies kneeling in white rooms like supernatural waxworks of trauma itself. A religio-sexual, destabilised scrapbook of Gothic visual motifs. Hollow without depth of lead character.

4. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film House of Voices

Begins as The Turn of the Screw and ends as Phantasm/Hellraiser. Neat.

5. The Cinema Doll's rating of the film House of Voices

Wonderful atmosphere, great setting and premise but ultimately falls short on becoming the creepy classic I thought it would be.

6. dana danger's rating of the film House of Voices

I liked it more than I expected to! Lots of creepy atmospheric stuff, plus constantly shifting mother-daughter type relationships. The last part has a lot in common with Laugier's MARTYRS, although it never goes quite as far.

7. rulesofachia's rating of the film House of Voices

Really not that bad. It's slow and hard to follow at times but the cinematography is lovely with the use of white and the score is very moving. You'd probably need to watch the film more than once to fully get what's happening.

8. loucindy's rating of the film House of Voices

Intriguing, problematic, thought-provoking and has a disappointing ending.

9. Ostermyers's rating of the film House of Voices

10. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film House of Voices

An interesting prelude to Martyrs, by all means. The same conspiratorial themes, the exploitation of the innocent, the underground as a metaphor of hell, kubrick's white contrasted to crimson red, female-female alliance against all odds.