1. nadnab's rating of the film House

2. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film House

Rewatch on a restored 40th-anniversary DCP. To be admired for its narrative construction (based almost entirely on Obayashi's then ten-year-old daughter's ideas of what scared her) and as a technical tour-de-force. Obayashi has always been highly experimental regarding film assembly and here he is almost in a contest with himself to see how much mixed media he can put into one film. There is a lot to appreciate.

3. nandafr's rating of the film House

4. wiwitaek's rating of the film House

5. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film House

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film House

7. João Ricardo's rating of the film House

Filme mais estranho que alguma vez vi, super interessante.

8. rllr's rating of the film House

9. ginobartolomi's rating of the film House

I found it moderately entertaining for obvious reasons; it's loud, it's vibrant, it's hysterical...I've certainly never seen anything like it before (what drugs were these people on?). 'House' is the highest of high Japanese camp, which is certainly not my genre of choice, but there is an inventive quality to it that had me unable to detach myself. I think it's striving just a bit too hard to be something 'unique'.

10. Juan D.'s rating of the film House

Almost insufferable campy.

11. bearpurses's rating of the film House

12. Tasha saraswati's rating of the film House

*minor spoiler* The best part is when Melody's fingers got eaten by the piano and she just said "kieta!" gleefully

13. AdrianM.'s rating of the film House

Crazy insane stuff right here

14. Kreg's rating of the film House

Artistic, fun, terrifying.

15. gatinha satanica's rating of the film House

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA <3 <3 <3

16. Inês Lopes's rating of the film House

17. Ghostman's rating of the film House

Shocking, hilarious, and endlessly surprising, House is one of the most magical films ever made. A true dream of a film.

18. Martin De Martin's rating of the film House

L'epitome assoluta dell'opera di Obayashi, un esempio di cinema talmente estremo ed eccessivo da risultare impossibile da giudicare se non per assoluti. Ogni inquadratura è una trovata visiva, ogni scena un delirio lisergico. Horror, fantasy e commedia grottesca si fondono per dar vita a un ibrido tanto affascinante quanto inintelligibile. Più che un film, un'esperienza. Cinque stelline del tutto simboliche.

19. _cmb's rating of the film House

a 70s phantasmagorical, surreal japanese melodramatic horror film filled with wacky effects and a soap-opera score. I mean, what's not to love? (aside from that one line, "after all, he's a man - he can save us!" *rolls eyes*)

20. quiteemotional's rating of the film House

auntie, what a big mouth u have!! 3,7

21. teresa romã's rating of the film House

This must be what acid feels like.

22. Cristián Gómez's rating of the film House

como dice un amigo, una mala buena o entréguense a la basura

23. Chris's rating of the film House

when will white people ever come close to topping this masterpiece

24. rosalieooaarc's rating of the film House

i need a moment for this. whatever it was