1. Daniel S.'s rating of the film House

Definitively cult. It means that it is intended to a peculiar audience ready to accept something new. Personally, I don't have anything against this kind of movie. I had a good time during 88 minutes and that's all. I tried to find some food for my mind and was thrilled to see that there were seven girls involved (seven being a highly symbolic number). But the director didn't go farther with it. Already forgotten.

2. F/K's rating of the film House

The most insanely creative film i've ever seen! It's like having a really surreal and campy fever dream, it's a film that doesn't claim to be something yet it knows how to have fun with itself. In an age where films are being dragged down by some of the most uninspired and downright boring franchises and sequels, House obliterates them all.

3. LibertyCapz's rating of the film House

Definitely a snowflake of a film! Never seen anything quite like this and I found it absolutely fascinating. Much of the film is presented in a particular style reminiscent of that of a introductory sequence of some generic shlocky tv-drama from the 70s. Very strange indeed, absolutely adored it though. I'm suspecting Sam Raimi watched this at some point as well, as I got quite a Evil Dead vibe from it at times.

4. Richard Tines's rating of the film House

An endlessly technically inventive, dadatechtonic haunted house movie from 70's Japan....this almost made five stars, just for the incredible, visually lysergic experience, but stayed at four due to lack of subtext or depth (addendum..after viewing a short interview with the director, this is apparently inspired by Hiroshima/Nagasaki)....omigod, what a sight to see tho!...this one's going in my personal collection...

5. Vince Wynne's rating of the film House

Craziest film I've ever seen.

6. Alex Pintică's rating of the film House

7. NCMBianchi's rating of the film House

[More like 3.5] Extremely weird, but fascinating: the editing and special effects are at the same time tacky and mesmerizing. It lacks a proper plot, idea, meaning and any kind of inner content. But as a divertissement, it's a very good product.

8. Arandhitio Ballagi's rating of the film House

now i found the horror movie with broad context. the name of each character, the bright colour, about Bombing Hiroshima & Nagasaki maybe, the editing with animation, the flat music when horror scene appear. memorable, kung-fu still the best hahaha

9. Sunmin Inn's rating of the film House

Crazy transitions, extreme color, uncomfortably long shots, mixture of animation and confusing storyline. The cheesiness of this experimental film is very entertaining but...WTF is going on?!

10. nopotō's rating of the film House

solo perché mi scoperei kung fu

11. nadnab's rating of the film House

12. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film House

Rewatch on a restored 40th-anniversary DCP. To be admired for its narrative construction (based almost entirely on Obayashi's then ten-year-old daughter's ideas of what scared her) and as a technical tour-de-force. Obayashi has always been highly experimental regarding film assembly and here he is almost in a contest with himself to see how much mixed media he can put into one film. There is a lot to appreciate.

13. nandafr's rating of the film House

14. wiwitaek's rating of the film House

15. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film House

16. Balthaz21's rating of the film House

17. João Ricardo's rating of the film House

Filme mais estranho que alguma vez vi, super interessante.

18. rllr's rating of the film House

19. ginobartolomi's rating of the film House

I found it moderately entertaining for obvious reasons; it's loud, it's vibrant, it's hysterical...I've certainly never seen anything like it before (what drugs were these people on?). 'House' is the highest of high Japanese camp, which is certainly not my genre of choice, but there is an inventive quality to it that had me unable to detach myself. I think it's striving just a bit too hard to be something 'unique'.

20. Juan D.'s rating of the film House

Almost insufferable campy.

21. bearpurses's rating of the film House

22. Tasha saraswati's rating of the film House

*minor spoiler* The best part is when Melody's fingers got eaten by the piano and she just said "kieta!" gleefully

23. AdrianM.'s rating of the film House

Crazy insane stuff right here

24. Kreg's rating of the film House