1. BenNash's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

John Ford is one of the most consistently humanist filmmakers of all time.

2. gld48's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

If Tarvosky is like a plate of borscht with vodka and Godard is like a cigarette with Beaujolais, then John Ford is meat and potatoes with an ale. Beautifully acted classic that's heavy on the saccharine but emotional and stirring at the same time. Never mind the whitewashing of the horrific coal-miners life and you'll enjoy this.

3. Bruno's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

Um nó na garganta, o conservadorismo do filme a si mesmo se expõe, essa viva contradição de amor e fé

4. bryanvmh's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

Boring at times but packs a wallop like a schoolteacher's cane

5. FISCHER's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

Qu'il est splendide ce film ! Un lyrisme débordant, évitant avec intelligence les "accueils" et les écueils du mélodrame facile; une image superbe dans le ton de la tragédie et de l'épopée sociale; une sensibilité cinématographique constante dans le propos et la dramaturgie. Certainement un des plus beaux films de John Ford qui retourne à ses racines profondes avec lyrisme et brio. www.cinefiches.com

6. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

7. MONSIEURDE's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

8. Aardsy's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

9. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

Sometimes the actors seem to be frozen in a posture (or pose), an everlasting image of what these people represented or how they were perceived by the narrator at that time; film, for a tiny moment, becomes photography.

10. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

Let's all admit the truth: it's better than Citizen Kane.

11. elif jazel's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

12. Nakf's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

One of John Ford's finest works.

13. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

I love this film. I don't think it deserved the Oscar over "Citizen Kane" but it is still a terrific movie. It has such depth of feeling. Ford gets all the actors to give as much as they've got.

14. Andrew Miller's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

A movie that has great significance in my family. I didn't learn to see it as a work of art outside that context for many years-- not till college, when the wedding scene broke my heart.

15. JoaoM's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

Deus, pátria e família.

16. pirri's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

17. MarcW's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

Working class epic in Hollywood! Hihi. Astonishing camera work in a spectacular set. O'Hara is plain cool and self determined in her role. Of course the melodramatic and idealizing tone often annoys, but is somehow sweet and funny too. Hobbingen is definitely Wlesh not Irish!

18. SpacePirate's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

One of Ford's finest triumphs, this one left me in tears. No wonder it beat Kane...

19. RoRoRoro's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

20. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1YS

21. Trunfos's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

22. Brendan's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

Ford said to Hawks, "I made a picture that wasn't so good, and you made Sergeant York, and I got the award." My how Ford was wrong

23. Isabel Arantes's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

24. T. J. Mesen's rating of the film How Green Was My Valley

Men like John Ford cannot die. They are with us still--real in their films as they were in flesh, loving and beloved forever. How green was my valley then. ;)