1. Jorawantstoeat's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

Ooh, I saw it long ago but it remained in my memory as a movie where nothing happens, just absolutely really nothing, but which has stunning pictures of northern landscape. Loved them landscapes

2. KatyaS's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

This is one of the best, relatively new, movies of Russian cinematography. There is not so much action, but the acting by the only 2 cast members is nearly perfect. It is a drama on human emotions that makes you reflect - with various feelings for the next few days - on the story involving both harmony and contrast of characters. Simple plot. Deep meaning.

3. David R Williams's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

I have to agree with the one reviewer who...and I paraphrase...called this a "bleak but unfulfilling psychological thriller". I've seldom seen a film that so perfectly captures the sense of isolation. My biggest issue was that I could never quite grasp the motivations or mindset of the younger man. Okay, he fucked up by not delivering the message straight off, but he had time to make it right...but he never does.

4. mpho3's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

"HIETS is a merciless contemplation of the fragile human psyche under siege [when] you have only your insecure, frightened inner voice to guide you." - Stephen Holden, NYTimes. A+ cinematography, light, landscape, and acting.

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

Allegory, no. Paranoia, yes. Sergei was amazing. Cinematography flawless.

6. clara m's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

7. olga wagner's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

stunning cinematography.редкий случай когда сценарий построен не на событиях а на внутреннем переживании героев. актеры справились великолепно. картина держит тебя в напряжении, очень тяжело предугадать что произойдет в следущую минуту.

8. Nacnud Schmalz's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

9. Soulo_Guero's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

Isolation. Paranoia. How easily we can slip from sanity to insanity due to our environment. How subtle that insanity can be.

10. Doruk Sahinel's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

You can use the following link for a review of this movie (in Turkish): http://bonlibero.blogspot.com/2010/09/how-i-ended-this-summer-kak-ya-provyol.html

11. Le Feu Follet's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

I was on the edge of my seat throughout this film and I thought that dramatically the film-maker didn't put a foot wrong with very sure pacing as the tension built, and the acting was first-rate. The locations are a visual feast.

12. Redundant Cinema's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

beautiful cinematography but a fairly flawed script. Sergei Puskepalis' performance was the stand out, for me. Grigory Dobrygin was poor at best. This disparateness, for me, was the worst thing about the film.

13. J. O.'s rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

Who is to judge what is "realistic" in a situation following two characters completely isolated in the Arctic dealing with tragedy and the meaning of their lives? Though some of Sergei's actions (as well as Pasha's reactions) were strange, perhaps it is years of menial work building up to nothing - a man who can't find meaning in a meaningless job, and that job is his life. Beautiful scenery and simple storytelling.

14. febryo's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

I love the cinematography!

15. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

disappointing, underwhelming, even annoying at times.

16. Marcus Killerby's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

Beautiful cinematography and the tension builds very nicely for the first half, however I kept thinking how much better it could have been. The reactions of the characters were at times either unbelievable or too abrupt and I think, although I appreciate the slow pace, it could have used a little more substance. There really wasn't a whole lot going on in the movie.

17. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

Riveting thriller chronicles lies in betrayal at a remote Russian weather station in the arctic circle. Popogrebsky creates and sustains suspense through minimalist restraint. Taut and well crafted with great pathos

18. Bongos615's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

Demonstrates how thrilling a film can be when it steps outside thriller conventions. A tour-de-force if you're willing to be destabilized.

19. toeachiscinema's rating of the film How I Ended This Summer

But when the moment comes to speak, I can't say it.