1. Erik F.'s rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

3.5 stars. A smart, nasty, disturbing satire anchored to a brilliantly manic lead performance by Richard E. Grant!

2. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

"advertising conspires with Big Brother."

3. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

2.5. It's just not very good, is it?

4. dave gunn's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

This is a genuinely hilarious film, but also incredibly weird and insightful. While the practical boil head is awesome, the monologues and dialog are what make this so great, as the main character's conscience battles against his apocalyptic capitalist dreams.

5. Sebastian Sebastian's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

6. ddrt's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

ALEX ROBINO: second that!

7. alianat's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

enjoyed this movie a lot, it is clever and funny.

8. Rohith Varma's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

9. chrstphrtlbt's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

10. Dargelosa's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

i love this film possibly even more than withnail & i, richard e. grant what a brilliant actor!

11. IndyLIVE's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

Relentlessly entertaining. Robinson's bizarre film is unlike any other. He shows his talent for satire, dialog, and unpredictable storytelling. Also serves as the perfect showcase for what an energetic and creative actor Richard E. Grant is. I love this film.

12. Ryan Estabrooks's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

Amazing! Funny in a very smart way

13. SelfImprovementInc's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

14. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

Outrageous dark comedy from writer-director Bruce Robinson, built around a brilliant comic performance by Richard E. Grant. Weird and witty, a cult comedy classic on the level of Robinson's 'Withnail and I'.

15. Jared Sanders's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

Wish I had what this guy has. Funny, twisted, and smart. British.

16. NenaNadine's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

17. ARGIL's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

A triple ham sandwich by the same team who brought you the overrated (but admittedly funny) Withnail & I. Let´s say the ingredients are tasty but the overall experience leaves a bad taste in your mouth. No laughs, just some half-hearted chuckles here and there. Shame...I had high hopes :-(

18. AlexanderKR's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

19. CRW's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

The people below are SO WRONG. THIS FILM IS BRILLIANT. One of the more original I've seen. LOVE it. *****

20. MODERNGRUMBLE's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

Wow, can't believe the negative posts here - this is hilarious from beginning to end - great performance by Grant and ya know what - better than Withnail and I.

21. Daniel S.'s rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

Huge disappointment. Satire ? Horror movie ? Comedy? If Bruce Robinson wanted to tell us the detrimental effects of our consumer society, it didn't work out. If he wanted to study the symptoms of a nervous breakdown, it also didn't work out. Better watch again Elia Kazan's THE ARRANGEMENT. This one is already forgotten.

22. Matt Keeley's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

A great idea, but it just seems to drop off on the ending. Like "Oh, we ran out of film! Better end it!"

23. Phil Worfel's rating of the film How to Get Ahead in Advertising

Almost worth it for the first and the last speeches of the film but a huge disappointment after Withnail and I.