1. paul oram's rating of the film How to Start Your Own Country

Maybe this gets better, but the first nut job put me off after 10 minutes.

2. henk@loftmatic.com's rating of the film How to Start Your Own Country

Why do Liechtenstein and Monaco exist? What makes Andorra a state? And why would you be proud to be a resident of The Cook Islands or Tuvalu? What makes these countries to micro-states? Is it the United Nations that determine whether a country is a micro-state? And that is the starting point of this documentary. If there is no real definition of what a country really is. Why not you claim your own country?

3. mi cha el's rating of the film How to Start Your Own Country

awesome. decent doc, excellent subject matter. i've always thought the artificially and arbitrarily created borders that separate us on this planet were just that: arbitrarily created. i am a world citizen (like my grandfather in austria already proclaimed 50 years ago when it was probably more leftist to say so), and i am glad there are some free thinkers left.

4. RobertM's rating of the film How to Start Your Own Country

Thought I was going to love it, ended up liking it... not enough to recommend.

5. Colin Dewey's rating of the film How to Start Your Own Country

6. MicheleMpls's rating of the film How to Start Your Own Country

7. Noah Lethbridge's rating of the film How to Start Your Own Country

Really disappointing. I thought I was gonna love this, but it's sloppy and repetitive. And it's all interviews with white, wealthy, cis-men. Boo. We need a better doc for this subject.

8. Weston Campbell's rating of the film How to Start Your Own Country

Interesting look at what makes a country, and at the people who try to do so.

9. Stefano Luzzatto's rating of the film How to Start Your Own Country

The documentary is a nice idea but it mixes some (at least 3 out of 6) trivial cases which are just jokes, with a couple of other much more serious and interesting cases such as Seborga and the Seasteading idea both of which are very serious and interesting but in completely different ways and could have been explored more in depth, and are really about people trying to set up different kinds of communities.

10. Albe Assouad's rating of the film How to Start Your Own Country

11. msmichel's rating of the film How to Start Your Own Country

Entertaining documentary looking at those individuals who have declared themselves or their holdings to be part of their 'own' country. Republics, city states, principalities etc. but within various so called legitimate countries. Some wackos and eccentrics yes but some who are clhallenging exactly what makes a country. The idea of the Seasteading Institute quite interesting with proper funding.

12. Ju Lia's rating of the film How to Start Your Own Country