1. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Howards End

A lush and rousing film, but so poorly edited! Scenes end in the middle of important dialogue, entire days, weeks, months are skirted over, leaving the viewer to trust in the development of characters and relaitonships in the interim. The film feels rushed in a way Room with a View does not....but that film does not have the divine performance from goddess Emma

2. Aardsy's rating of the film Howards End

Rich people are the worst.

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Howards End

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Howards End

James Ivory poursuit son exploration de l'univers forsterien. Raffinement et grâce... www.cinefiches.com

5. ammar's rating of the film Howards End

6. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Howards End

Emma Thompson is wonderful. She has absorbed Vanessa Redgrave's fearlessness. The film itself is in the typically staid style of James Ivory, slightly more enjoyable than usual.

7. Julian's rating of the film Howards End

8. truffraud's rating of the film Howards End

an engrossing, decadent feast for the eyes. this was a four-star movie for me until about an hour into the film when the marriage and love-triangle stuff convoluted the likeability and humor that'd built up to that point. (i understand that this is an adaptation though so there's no way to avoid the plot shift). overall, very rewatchable. everyone likes a peek into the social nonsense of wealthy white people.

9. Chris's rating of the film Howards End

beautiful cinematography, costumes and sets, great cast & writing... i love anthony hopkins so much 9/10

10. The Cinema Doll's rating of the film Howards End

11. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Howards End

Thank you for following my list(s) Gilad

12. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Howards End

I love Hopkins and Thompson together <3

13. riraru's rating of the film Howards End

Melodramatik in höchster Vollendung. Eine furchtbare Zeit!

14. Melissa Miranda's rating of the film Howards End

The skipping was fixed yesterday afternoon. Apologies for the error!

15. Broos Claerhout's rating of the film Howards End

The characters grow and change during the story, especially in the book. The film reduces some of the characters (Leonard, Jacky, Dolly and Charles) to stereotypes. James Ivory showed the atmosphere Forster created, and that doesn't seem easy to do. The film's as symbolic as the novel.

16. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Howards End

In a great ensemble,Emma Thompson stands out as we watch the character of Margaret develop. I wish the script had spent more time with the plight of Leonard Bast.

17. Tigrão's rating of the film Howards End

There is an inner violence in that film, I don't really know how to explain nor describe. The tension is here all throughout the film. Marvelous.

18. Dave's rating of the film Howards End

I have seen only two Merchant-Ivory films, but both are among the finest of the entire 1990s. This is a gorgeous, lyrical film, and while I might slightly prefer The Remains of the Day, this is itself a truly great movie.

19. HobartLazaro's rating of the film Howards End

i've always been a fan of the book. was stunned when i saw this merchant ivory version

20. joanar's rating of the film Howards End

this film has the most beautiful opening credits ever.

21. Matthew King's rating of the film Howards End

Ruth Prawer Jhabvala is amazing!

22. CRW's rating of the film Howards End

This is how to shoot Edwardian England.

23. Drew Kelly's rating of the film Howards End

I never seen a version of this film that wasn't scratched...I think I would love it too much if I did.

24. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Howards End

The Merchant Ivory dressing-up box at its most lushly lyrical, which wields Forster’s social scalpel with deft, if obvious, charm. For a change, less occupied with the mantel piece than with the drama in front of it, this is a straight-forwardly honest adaptation with adamant performances which provides a welcome forward trajectory to MI’s often pedestrian dawdle.