1. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

Nuovamente mi trovo stupito davanti alla vastità creativa della mente di Miyazaki, il cui tratto di matita, seppur semplice, riesce sempre a dar vita a personaggi profondamente caratterizzati. Annichilito lo stereotipo delle storie principesche coi loro banali e ben stabili castelli, Howl e Sophie reinventano il genere, con una favola di magia autentica, seconda solo alla permanenza di Chihiro nella Città Incantata.

2. Zach Closs's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

I tend to have trouble with films where magic is a non-issue. It affords filmmakers the ability to make things up as they go, and excuse glaring inconsistencies by changing the rules of the world on the fly. There are also weird tonal shifts and pacing issues that make "Howl" feel like a minor entry Miyazaki's canon. That should hardly suggest it isn't a pleasure to watch. Bale is excellent, as is Hishiashi's score.

3. Star Lord's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

Il castello errante di Howl.

4. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

Rewatched and re-loved. TOP film.

5. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

A little gilded and resplendent for my tastes. I hadn't seen this much decorative gold in a film until I watched 'Curse of the Golden Flower'! Perhaps its focus upon artifice and architectural (in spite of a critical stance) means the presence of the organic in its awesome otherness is less keenly felt. In this sense, 'Howls's Moving Castle' is to Miyazaki's filmography what 'The Emperor's Nightingale' is to Trnka's.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

D'une richesse conceptuelle et thématique vaste et fournie, cette tortueuse quête de l'identité, entre tendre histoire d'amour et constante poésie du merveilleux, confirme à nouveau Hayao Miyazaki comme un des plus grands maîtres de l'animation japonaise. www.cinefiches.com

7. Doe Deer's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

8. OLIA SCARR's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

9. chad's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

My MUBI review this week is on Howl’s Moving Castle another studio Ghibli film.This film is an amazing piece of work it tells a story of a young girl who is wrongfully cursed by a witch and forced to look old and decrepit but she meets an enchanted young man and has a marvelous journey. If you love narrative stories and animated films this is a must see. This critic gives this film a ten out of ten and two thumbs up.

10. LaliMB's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

Amazing movie, best soundtrack ever

11. KATIEDEESE's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

This is one of my all time favorite animated films ever. This movie veers away from a typical animated fantasy movie with the damsal in distress to a strong protangonist that grows throughout the movie. I really enjoyed the beautiful non diagetic music in the background and the scenery that the movie provides. This movie isnt just an adventure it has elements of comedy from calcifer as well as an element of romance.

12. choupinet's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

Miyazaki will never get boring. I love all the timeless masterpieces that I've watched so far, and I can't wait to discover the rest of the Studio Ghibli universe.

13. rainarakhma's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

14. sominjeon's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

The animation is so beautiful and it's a really good movie. Instantly fell in love with it.

15. ermete polpette's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

16. Ade Hendy's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

17. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

This is a delightful little film that explores magic, friendship and love. I think Miyazaki's greatest talent as a filmmaker is world building. He is able to create such rich and vibrant worlds that just draw you in. Well I don't think this is the best Miyzaki I still love this film and think it is supremely underrated. This is an enchanting film that you won't regret tracking down.

18. Cherry's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

I wanted to like it so much more it just doesn't capture the true spirit of the book and Sophie's story

19. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

La trama viene sviluppata molto bene e popolata di personaggi ben strutturati. Il tutto procede benissimo fino al poetico finale, senza cali di ritmo o di qualità. Molti i temi trattati, dalla follia della guerra al modo migliore di affrontare la vecchiaia, tutti analizzati senza banalizzarli. La regia e la tecnica di animazione sono ottime.Le scene donano momenti visivamente bellissimi e poetici. Veramente notevole.

20. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

Not one of Miyazaki's best, but still excellent film making. Amazing imagination drives the confident steam punk visual style.

21. Leigh Collins's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

22. Sprungler's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

Magic, powerful and full of mental health discourse, Howl's moving Castle was for me a movie relying heavily the philosophy of old age and wrestling with borderline disorder. Much of it though was covered under a heavy, well embroidered blanket of wonderful storytelling, all so common to Miyazaki. I recommend it for its magical fantasy.

23. kiart's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

24. pintobean's rating of the film Howl's Moving Castle

One of my fav Ghibli films. Extraordinary!