1. FISCHER's rating of the film Human Desire

La passion selon Fritz Lang avec tous ses ravages et ses errements ! www.cinefiches.com

2. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film Human Desire

3. Histioteuthis's rating of the film Human Desire

Much like the Renoir movie really fun if you don't mind trains, and the Ford/Grahame combo works pretty well here too even if she still can't catch a break :/

4. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Human Desire

"That's the end of every biography online, 'He was in Contempt, and then he died.'" http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2015/07/episode-64-films-noir-of-fritz-lang.html

5. Cinerio's rating of the film Human Desire

The film seems to demonstrate that man is inherently drawn to violence with a male protagonist caught between two females, one with a desire to love and the other with a desire to kill. In choosing the latter I was hoping that the protagonist would embark on some really dark territory but instead I feel the story took some shortcuts to reach a hollywood ending, this is a noir after all. 9/10

6. msmichel's rating of the film Human Desire

Unsung gem of a noir picture from director Fritz Lang. Interesting to see Glenn Ford playing such a conflicted character and Gloria Grahame was never better. The story is a clever transplant of the Emile Zola novel previously turned into a film in France in '38. Picture is well edited with an intriquing subtext. Ending seems very abrupt for a film of the period but works well in context and frames opening scene.

7. The Macho King's rating of the film Human Desire

Under appreciated noir.show it some love yo ;)

8. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film Human Desire

While this is not one of my favourite Fritz Lang films, it is still excellent and I love Lang's use of the train's forward momentum in the opening and closing scenes as a metaphor of life going on regardless. Standout performances from all the leads: Glenn Ford, Gloria Grahame and Broderick Crawford.

9. chanandre's rating of the film Human Desire

[Cinémathèque PT #389: 35 mm]

10. Ademption's rating of the film Human Desire

"Human Desire" has all the malevolence and instruction of Aesop's fables. Each character boils with rage. They struggle in a mythical manner with social contraints and their own desires. Each character's desire complicates and informs their relationship with one another. What they want (a job, fidelity, a girl, a guy) drives them to hurt themselves and each other. A stark and vicious fable.

11. Morty's rating of the film Human Desire

In retrospect I did enjoy this movie, more then I did right after watching it. Its not one of Langs best, but it might be one of his most interesting. I loved the opening, and setting it in and around trains. It also has some amazing dark film noir shots.

12. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Human Desire

Based on Emile Zola novel. Gloria Grahame is as always brilliant but the film is a disappointment. Really.