1. Endless Eye's rating of the film Husbands

Disturbing, hilarious, honest & ridiculous.

2. Balthaz21's rating of the film Husbands

3. ARNMG's rating of the film Husbands

Filmin 1 dakikası çoğu filmin 60 dakikasına eş değer

4. mubianer's rating of the film Husbands

A very masculine story by Cassavetes. First I felt it was too theatrical, too Cassavetes...then suddenly I felt it was great before it dissappointed a little towards the end. On a side note, it's not really always raining in London, it's a myth.

5. petit astronaute's rating of the film Husbands

6. Lex Lucas's rating of the film Husbands

Touching. A great play. Acting is nearly everything for Cassavetes, and I love it.

7. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Husbands

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Husbands

Un des plus beaux films sur l'amitié au masculin et une des oeuvres majeures de Cassavetes où comme d'habitude, le rire le dispute aux larmes. Poignant et désespérément juste grâce en particulier à un éblouissant trio d'acteurs, même si pour notre part notre préférence se place ailleurs... www.cinefiches.com

9. Janae's rating of the film Husbands

You crazy for this one John.

10. hubertguillaud's rating of the film Husbands

Malgré sa très grande liberté, cette improvisation entre hommes peine à se sublimer... Au final l'exercice n'arrive pas à dépasser la farce un peu facile, très potache, et hélas, extrêmement creuse, de 3 potes s'amusant sans avoir rien à se dire.

11. Mauro Pagano's rating of the film Husbands

12. Muraki's rating of the film Husbands

13. bagno's rating of the film Husbands

anche solo per come gira

14. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Husbands

15. Dalibor's rating of the film Husbands

"Faces" had underlying sexual frustration driving its characters the whole way. This one never truly gets past unknown friend's death and still living mother in law apparently? And you can only go so far storytelling with hysterical mumbling and out of place reactions.

16. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Husbands

When a beloved person passes away, you may question heaven & earth: faith-life-relationship-job, things you have done & things you haven’t done. For everyone it's different. In “Husbands“ these 'how-to-deal-matters' are touched: alcohol, basketball, to swim, to sing, escaping to London, women. But it comes too short & superficially. More dialogues which show the feelings inside would have made it much better for me.

17. wesleyfoster@me.com's rating of the film Husbands

I had a theory that I could watch Peter Falk and John Cassavetes do anything for hours on end, even if it's rambling through different cities and getting drunk, didn't know they would make a movie about it.

18. raggiodisole's rating of the film Husbands

Not much evidence of any husband activity going on here really, just an overlong bender

19. ajdehany's rating of the film Husbands

Not unwatchable multiple character study. Nothing happens so the characters can't be tested, so the film fails on its own terms, even if it is Le Grand Cassavetes.

20. Dan Auty's rating of the film Husbands

Rambling and indulgent, but it does deliver some uncomfortable truths about getting older and the nature of male friendships. The sheer quality of the central performances makes this study of three deeply unlikable men far more compulsive that it otherwise might.

21. nesto birma's rating of the film Husbands

overlong and self-indulgent, like being stuck in a room with three drunken bores.

22. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Husbands

Anarchy and punk, independent. Classic, free, macho, three stooges. I love this.

23. Superfrog's rating of the film Husbands

MUBI crashed two thirds in, did not have the courage to watch the end. Nothing inspires me in this film; the adventures of men for whom freedom is regression, weirdly, does not inspire.

24. Charlie Fairley's rating of the film Husbands

This was the first Cassavetes' film I have ever watched. And it was one of the worse films I've seen. Self-indulgent, pretentious, and full of annoying characters, rambling incoherent meaningless nonsense at each other. The scenes were also over-long, and the concept behind the film was handled very messily. I hope his other films are better.

← Previous 1 3 4