1. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

Stylish movie that never quite clicks into gear. ==== Film historique élégant mais qui ne décolle jamais vraiment.

2. Thomas's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

A fine looking period piece but has little to offer.

3. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

4. Justin Senkbile's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

5. janice.hughes's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

A rare sighting of Bill Murray in this small but well formed movie about the visit of the stuttering King George VI to FDR's summer hideaway to ask for American help against Germany in 1939. The clash of social mores is well observed with plenty of moments of exquisite awkwardness as Olivia Coleman's more acidic version of the Queen Mother tries to grapple with American manners and the complexities of FDR's harem.

6. msmichel's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

TIFF '12 Take equal parts 'Gosford Park' and 'The King's Speech' and add a touch of bedroom farce and ta-da an oscar bait picture. Often hokey and pretty blatantly offensive in its historical potrayals to be taken seriously. Murray miscast as FDR as is West and its only the actresses who save the film from total disaster. Linney, Colman, Marvel and Williams all at top of their game here. Shame about the script.

7. orangey's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

I'm awaiting the sequel for next Christmas: Hyde Park on Volga a heart warming story about FDR's quirky relationship to good ol' Uncle Joe, showing how their time spent together helped shape Yalta and stuff. Very sweet

8. mjgildea's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

Hyde Park on Hudson was okay from a set design and period piece perspective, but despite starring Bill Murray as FDR its just kind of lacking and absent, despite the awkwardness involving cousins (and don't you dare say "but they were 5th cousins!") and hand-jobs.

9. Catherine Krummey's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

10. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

I realize I'm falling for failed oscar bait here but I liked it. Bill Murray does a mean FDR. Mitchell's direction recalls Altman period pieces in its details. Why the hate? because it's an FDR movie that doesn't directly deal with the New Deal or WW2? The Clintonian portrait of FDR (he's to the democrats what Reagan is to republicans, in that they prefer to look at him through rose colored glasses). It's nice fluff.

11. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

The American president and the King's speech.

12. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

It's not the bad and dull film everybody tells me about it, it's quite lovely and has some great scenes. There's just something missing...so it's kinda of disappointment of course, because of the cast and subject.

13. Dan Bayer's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

It's two films joined together in the worst possible way. The comedy of manners with FDR and the King & Queen of England is quite enjoyable (God bless Olivia Colman!), but the relationship drama with Bill Murray, Laura Linney, Olivia Williams, and Elizabeth Marvel is God-awful, with career-worst work from nearly everyone involved.

14. redunbeck's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

I've seen this film three times now and am hopelessly in love with it. Eschewing historical accuracy, Hyde Park instead concocts a lightly comic revel that happens to feature historical characters. Lingering on fleeting moments in time that come to define the characters in unexpected ways, this film is a surprisingly moving portrait of life's little miracles. A gentle masterpiece.

15. Cassandra Nguyen's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

16. Andrew Colville's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

i wish all the characters were played by tyler perry

17. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

Remarkably shallow, if beautifully designed, film about a weekend at Franklin D. Roosevelt's weekend retreat, where he hosted the King of England in the days before WWII, the very first visit of a British monarch to American soil. Told through the eyes of his mistress, HYDE PARK ON HUDSON is a mess of wonky characterization and underdeveloped personalities.

18. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

What the fucking fuck was this shit? If I wanted to see FDR get a handjob from his cousin I would have role played with my high school history teacher like he asked. Fuck you movie. You wasted both I and BIll Murray's time. You're on the list now of things I reference when comparing things to terminal diseases. "Oh yeah, I have stomach cancer. It's kinda like 'Hyde Park on Hudson' if I'm being honest."

19. wolfmansRazor's rating of the film Hyde Park on Hudson

Prime evidence of the depressing Landmarkization of the arthouse scene. Apparently, no one ever went broke crafting some facile farce about the sex lives of dead famous people, the message of which is always the same: The rich and famous are a bunch of neurotic buffoons, just like us! True enough, I suppose, but who gives a shit?