1. J. O.'s rating of the film Hyena

A mostly well-directed piece of naturalistic crime drama where certain threads were dragged out with no payoff, while others were barely explored. Violent, sure. But not shockingly so, nor towards any character we feel particularly connected to. It was always a second string arsehole - so what? The final act was quite tense, and performances all around were good, but this wasn't as great as it should've been.

2. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Hyena

3. Giles J Davis's rating of the film Hyena

Quite possibly the most brutally violent piece of British exploitation cinema made. Hyena has a lot going for it in terms of production, beautiful lighting & incredibly sharp angles & shots however it's length & frustratingly complex plot let it down. Unnecessary rape & dismemberment scenes do no favours for Albanians living in London & frankly I'll never visit Bayswater again. Bad Lieutenant meets Eastenders. C+

4. film_lies101's rating of the film Hyena

More like a 3.5, the cinematography and lighting are amazing, very Michael Mann. The story felt choppy, the original cut was FOUR hours long. I think the story deserved some sort of resolution, no matter how horrible it may have been.

5. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Hyena

Una película sobre policías corruptos con los que logras empatizar. Lo valorable en "Hyena" es que el antihéroe no aspira a la redención como tampoco emprende acciones en dónde asume una fijación por una moral correcta. Sus actitudes son a beneficio propio. Su final revela por completo ese gesto. No hay necesidad de salvar al mundo.

6. novanindro's rating of the film Hyena

welcome to sleeper hit club

7. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Hyena

I give this a light and hesitant four out of five. Although the story beats and the plotting is far from original (the Pusher-trilogy looms heavily over the proceedings) I think the director keeps things fresh enough for yet another gritty crime drama about bent coppers. The acting is very good and that is what sells the movie for me. Score, photo and locations are stellar. Great ending aswell.

8. Slow Immersion's rating of the film Hyena

Still can't make my mind up whether elements of this were meant to be black comedy, or the cops were actually the most vile and biggest buffoons I've ever seen. Anyway, I guess this as close to something like Refn's films that a British director might make :D

9. Carl Penguin's rating of the film Hyena

8/10. good thriller, i loved the ending.