1. Diderot's rating of the film I, a Man

I really love this movie. For some stretches it's nothing. But the Valerie Solanis bit is amusing, and the final and longest scene is a really fascinating demonstration of the range of tonal possibilities that can be elicited from two people on screen together. But experimental cinema is only ever preaching to the converted anyway.

2. José Neves's rating of the film I, a Man

"...There was their polysyllabic language and their slow acid style that corroded the sanctities... They refused to be patronized or dismissed, turned into a cult or giggled at. The important thing was to build a social analysis that would encompass modern culture and make humankind reckon with it." (Ian Svenonius / The Nation of Ulysses in "The Sound of Jazz To Come" )

3. Jugend21's rating of the film I, a Man

Like 'Bike Boy', what's great about this is how it simply captures the direct hunt for sex. Tom Baker starts out as a straightforward sleazy operator, but after watching him for a while he becomes increasingly boyish, then almost starts to morph into some organism that's simply looking for different outlets. This makes it a real observation of life at its most basic, which is perhaps life at its most beautiful.

4. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film I, a Man

hey,valerie solanas is in this one.

5. MLandry's rating of the film I, a Man

Marvelously edited, great cinematography, and disconnected acting. The long shots of them simply talking reminds me of a chamber drama, but it's too light-hearted to be categorized as a chamber drama. A nice little film, a lot of good things going for it with accompanying faults.