1. FISCHER's rating of the film I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang

A voir et à revoir comme un classique du genre... www.cinefiches.com

2. Aardsy's rating of the film I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang

Effective and ahead of its time.

3. Bilouaustria's rating of the film I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang

CINEMA _ Instant classic. Great political film, at times a thriller or a film noir. Mervyn Leroy is not just a fantastic storyteller but he pays a strong attention to details. Look at those transitions, at the secondary characters, it could be a Ford movie. The very last shot amazed me.

4. SpacePirate's rating of the film I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang

This is the real Cool Hand Luke. This is an ultra gritty incredible film. Muni was the dude in the 30s. Very much the Brando of his day. So versatile. One of the best ever, and the ending is a visual you wont soon forget

5. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang

Either an absurdist take on the lack of control of an individual over his life, or a political exposure of the brutal penitentiary methods going on in part of the United States, its unflashy style makes watching this film feel like eating a handful of sand.

6. bartkl's rating of the film I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang

A beautiful existential adventure of a man constantly in bad luck striving for the American Dream, who finds himself wronged by the legal system time after time. He takes matters into own hands and escapes from prison, turning him into a lovable hero. He then resumes his ambitions and becomes an honorable citizen, but his goodwill turns against him again. Great acting, wonderfully filmed and very depressing. Classic.

7. tony1990's rating of the film I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang

Distancing yourself from the film and analyzing it from a historical standpoint, it undoubtedly deserves a place amongst the stepping stones in our mediums past. It exemplified the notable style that Warner Bros films would become known for, while at the same time encouraging other studios to do the same. The birth of social realism, enocmpassed in a fresh and vibrant film that predates the likes of "Cool Hand Luke."

8. tibber's rating of the film I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang

Proto-Bresson. Not what I was expecting from 1932 Hollywood.

9. João Eça's rating of the film I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang

Almost brilliant, some dated aspects of this outsanding picture draw it back a little: over the top acting, two or three unnecessary shots and some discoursive moments of the script. Nevertheless, Paul Muni is magnificent and the criticism of the American way of life that is put together in this movie is so daring that it hypnotizes you from beggining to end. A must-see.

10. Spencer Draper's rating of the film I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang

Historically important, and incredibly well put together while exemplifying the tight and gritty early Warner Bros. style. This does not feel like a 1932 film. And the Pre-Code production makes some scenes a bit...riskier. In every sense of the word: flawless. Especially the noir-esque closing shot in darkness.

11. MarcH's rating of the film I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang

Tour-de-force drag through the gutter.

12. Jack Lineman's rating of the film I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang

It's underrated and overrated Muni dose some wonderful acting that is much better then most of the actors in the film. The costumes, sets and the editing is very good for time and the last third gets really exciting.

13. Dave's rating of the film I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang

Definitely a landmark film in the history of Hollywood. Muni is very good and while I think that Warner Brothers would take this type of picture to much further heights, it still needs to be seen.