1. kinotopia's rating of the film I Am Cuba

strong start but then everything starts to fall apart as it degenerates into a boring agitprop movie with a beyond hokey ending. russian v/o was insufferable.

2. Domenico Ricucci's rating of the film I Am Cuba

Maybe the most beautiful long shots in the history of cinema.

3. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film I Am Cuba

4. Margot H's rating of the film I Am Cuba

5. Levi Miah's rating of the film I Am Cuba

Absolutely masterful camerawork and set pieces. I prefer to omit the propaganda angle and view it as more of a metaphorical piece about revolution from totalitarian governments. Soy Cuba is a pure jazz film all the way to the brutal finale. Powerful and epic filmmaking.

6. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film I Am Cuba

Dazzling stuff, part drama and part travelogue. Loved it.

7. Carlos Carneiro's rating of the film I Am Cuba

a cinematic achievement in technical terms.

8. tintinmugshot's rating of the film I Am Cuba

Total masterpiece. It's propagandist, but many films here in US are and we don't point it like it. The cinematography and camera work are absolutely shocking and mesmerizing. A classic, a must see.

9. factorfifty's rating of the film I Am Cuba

10. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film I Am Cuba

The camera work is everything in this film.

11. Le temps perdu's rating of the film I Am Cuba

3.5 stars beautiful cinematography

12. Ankush Samant's rating of the film I Am Cuba

Beautiful storytelling in monochrome and a saddening story of the transformation of Cuba. And the worst part is that. as humans, we never fail to amaze ourselves.

13. Superfrog's rating of the film I Am Cuba

Enjoyed the camerawork, many of the scenes, but as a whole I am not convinced. Maybe I am just too sad that the idea of socialism is now in documentary fiction form.

14. Zanna Walsh's rating of the film I Am Cuba

incredibly moving, beautifully shot, some stunning set pieces..The one take near the beginning from the crazy band playing along side the beauty pageant, the students coming down the steps, the nightclub with the prostitutes, the farmer and his sugar beet. the family being bombed. I sometimes felt I wasn't watching actors, it seemed so real. Wonderful.

15. Trickstian Shantih's rating of the film I Am Cuba

The triumph of ideology is total. The movie is an exercise on voodoology. The labyrinthine modern architecture seen as a tool of alienation and opression. The pre-Castro regime of Batista, depicted as dystopic plutocracy, the Americans in the club, as debauchers. Only the peasant, listening to the sound of rain in the field, is pure. The mulatto, the student, the guerillero, a hora staccato trinity.

16. SiIencio's rating of the film I Am Cuba

Technical, innovative, masterful, poetic. Kalatozov excels at those long shots, the epic frames, Wellesian angles, the luminosity that floods air and land and a touch a poetry marching along those ones fighting for freedom. A story of colonial debauchery and explotation of the common man. And we in the West, fairly brainwashed by tradition, see propaganda on everything that feels slightly politically revolutionary.

17. Leigh Collins's rating of the film I Am Cuba

Wow. What a stunning film. Yes, it's propaganda, but just look at the cinematography, the spectacular camerawork, the mise en scene. This is a work of art that any film lover should appreciate.

18. anwoody's rating of the film I Am Cuba

A heroic call to arms. Beautifully filmed and visually stunning. Powerful film with a simple message.

19. ammar's rating of the film I Am Cuba

20. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film I Am Cuba

21. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film I Am Cuba

22. Joshua Paolino's rating of the film I Am Cuba

The pool sequence. 'Nuff said.

23. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film I Am Cuba