1. gloryofistanbul's rating of the film I Am Legend

This film frustrated me so much, it had the potential to be great, why did they use cgi effects for the zombie/creatures, otherwise it could have been a classic

2. Sue Denim's rating of the film I Am Legend

the first two thirds were extremely good. Scary, clever, superbly acted, well shot. The ending was just bullshit.

3. Frankster85's rating of the film I Am Legend

4. chicajomles's rating of the film I Am Legend

The first 60 minutes I was thinking...it's not thaat bad.... I even cried when Sam died and found Will Smith performance fantastic. But the second part was HYSTERICALLY DAFT. I was watching how one of the greatest vampire stories was being destroyed: Robert Neville taking himself too seriously, pondering the virtues of bob marley as an inspiration for fighting against vampires...

5. Erin__Frances's rating of the film I Am Legend

Personally, I really disliked it...boring.

6. Sarah Karina-Bogart's rating of the film I Am Legend

Everything having to do with Will Smith and the dog was great. There was an actual relationship between the two, which I did not expect. Basically, I agree with what's already been said: first 2/3s was awesome but after that it got pretty eh.

7. T.J. Royal's rating of the film I Am Legend

8. Jordan Wellin's rating of the film I Am Legend

9. Jacob McKinley's rating of the film I Am Legend

great start, questionable finish.

10. Ryan Estabrooks's rating of the film I Am Legend

This film had such a great start. There are two major problems though: 1.) the 3rd act went from being this engrossing, modestly paced mood movie to typical action-junk. If they would've done that part better and even used the alternate ending (which the frame on this page is taken from) it would've made the entire picture much better. 2.) They should've used real people/effects for the infected instead of CGI

11. Rafael Paz's rating of the film I Am Legend

No entiendo porque decidieron cambiar el final del ibro, ademas de agregarle la cursi historia del perro. Sin Will Smith esto apestaria

12. Lona's rating of the film I Am Legend

Regarding the comment below: it's not a short story... it's a novel.

13. Kenrick Block's rating of the film I Am Legend

the death of one of the greatest short stories I've read in ages...

14. Cacophonism's rating of the film I Am Legend

It gets two stars for having Mike Patton's vocal talents for the monsters. That is all.

15. Groovy Monster's rating of the film I Am Legend

Eh, giving it an extra star just because I'm such a sucker for end of the world, last man on earth, zombie siege movies. But THE LAST MAN ON EARTH (1964), starring my favorite actor, Vincent Price, is way better (primitive a production as it may be) and sticks much closer to Matheson's original novel (which also happens to be one of my favorite books). P.S. I hate CGI in my horror movies.

16. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film I Am Legend

This updated version of the mythical novel is seriously affected by the disproportionate and purposeless use of cgi. Although some moments have interesting suspense. Will Smith is good in the main role, and is also refreshing to experience again the atmosphere of what an empty city is supposed to look like.

17. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film I Am Legend

Slick blockbuster adaptation of Richard Matheson's classic novel is fairly decent - if forgettable - until the final act, where a tacked-on, sappy ending violates the entire point of the story. Will Smith is likable enough in the lead, but the CGI effects - especially the creatures - aren't very convincing. Overall, an underwhelming film that piteously falls apart with a cheesy, cliched ending.

1 3 Next →