1. norah stone's rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer

I wish this movie spent a bit more time developing one clear, discernible theme. It could have been a really interesting coming of age film with a horror twist. HOWEVER, I still really enjoyed it. Max Records' performance saved it from being completely devoid of emotion. The great score and cinematography also helped.

2. G.'s rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer

In my view, the supernatural aspect was a bit of an overthought. Supplementary points for the frigid, apathetic atmosphere and breathtaking cinematography though.

3. msmichel's rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer

'Tiger, tiger, burning bright In the forests of the night, What immortal hand or eye Could frame thy fearful symmetry?' Excellent thriller by Billy O'Brien featuring stellar turns by both Max Records and Christopher Lloyd. A rampant and perhaps supernatural serial killer is suspected by a young self prescribed sociopath who realizes he is perhaps the only one who can stop the killings. Scripting is top notch.

4. Igor Ramos's rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer

The film throws a lot of themes into the air but doesn't quite know how to land them all: the "love" interest goes nowhere, the family drama is underdeveloped, the supernatural element felt a bit like an overthought... The dynamic between John and Mr. Crawley was the core of the film, so it could have been even better explored. It was tense, moody and fairly entertaining.

5. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer

(Generous) 7 - A very pleasant surprise. Still, I believe that there is a much more interesting film somewhere in here, struggling to break free of the easy answers, contrivances and de-fanged trappings of its "young adult" label.

6. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer

7. abyantama's rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer

8. smndvdcl's rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer

Max Records is forging quite the career. This one stands alongside other coming-of-age classics like 'Donnie Darko' and 'Brick'.

9. dave gunn's rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer

Max Records was great in this, and I generally liked everything about it, from the 16mm picture, to the cinematography, the dialog, the realistic depiction of adolescent sociopathy. The turn it took surprised me, but even then I was ready to accept it. However, the final act didn't match the rest of the film and sometimes things are better left unseen when the only option is low budget CGI.

10. Disa's rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer

11. J. O.'s rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer

A dark and creative blend of coming-of-age, dysfunctional family, murder mystery, and the supernatural. Unfortunately, the final act leaves much to be desired. Points for effort and overall aesthetic, but the ending was very weak compared to the unique tone achieved throughout the rest of the runtime.

12. -REM-'s rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer

13. Renton47's rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer

All on-board for a sympathetic depiction of a teen sociopath, a little uncertain about how this particular battle plays out. Ultimately I got a little lost in the film's reality, character's motives and symbolic conclusions, evidently concerns shared with other viewers. Still, love the shoegazey opening, the 16mm for the small town setting, an aesthetic which feels realer for its basis in film nostalgia.

14. Nick Schwab's rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer

Antiseptic, cold, distant, and flat, I Am Not A Serial Killer is too detached in emotion-- arguably in-tune with its sociopathic character-- and never really catches a stride or astonishes and entrances the viewer. Also, the fantastical element wasn't really necessary, as the killer being superhuman doesn't add dimension to the story or work as a symbol or a metaphor for anything. Well acted, though.

15. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer

instant klassik. hit the switch john. #gusvansant

16. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer

Great movie that manages to balance kitchen sink sensibilities with the fantastic. The initial slow pacing works wonders in setting the tone and introducing the characters so when things start to get wierd the effect is palpable. The performances are really strong as is the production design and soundwork. I am not sure about the full reveal of the villain at the very end though. To only hint is always better.

17. TheotherJones's rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer

They sure went dark with this My Favorite Martian reboot.

18. Louis Léonard's rating of the film I Am Not a Serial Killer