1. Anca Tudose's rating of the film I Am Not Madame Bovary

too long and monotonous, but bureaucracy and legal system issues have never looked this good

2. Martin De Martin's rating of the film I Am Not Madame Bovary

"Lo Spielberg d'Oriente" abbandona il grande blockbuster per dedicarsi a un cinema più intimo e sottile, con un film nel quale un'irriconoscibile Fan Bingbing si scontra contro il complesso sistema burocratico della Repubblica Popolare Cinese. Le curiose scelte stilistiche e il ritmo non proprio sfavillante rendono le due ore e venti piuttosto indigeste, ma il risultato è una peculiare e coraggiosa commedia nera.

3. Madalin Giurca's rating of the film I Am Not Madame Bovary

4. Claire Wongsutin's rating of the film I Am Not Madame Bovary

5. mooloo's rating of the film I Am Not Madame Bovary

since it's quite long i watched it in 3 sittings over about a month, so i feel involved in the story. brilliant joke on the way goverments run in all countries actually, not just in china. the cinematograpghy was great. the places where it was shot were lovely and the square/round frame made it feel more intimate. i enjoyed watching it change. the soundtrack caught me by suprise so many times. in a good way though.

6. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film I Am Not Madame Bovary

7. knockkneed's rating of the film I Am Not Madame Bovary

the scandal was overplayed - but I'm a sucker for Chinese political commentary. brilliant reveal too.

8. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film I Am Not Madame Bovary

Thousand-leaf politics that dissects China. Pictural refinement & stunning landscapes. The framing in a perfectly circle opens at key moments on large vibrant scenes. = Bluffing. Mille-feuilles politique qui dissèque la Chine moderne & moyenageuse. Raffinement graphique, paysages sidérants de beauté. Le cadrage dans un cercle parfaitement équilibré s'ouvre à des moments-clés sur de grandes scènes vibrantes. Bluffant.

9. CRW's rating of the film I Am Not Madame Bovary

10. Domas's rating of the film I Am Not Madame Bovary

First as farce, then as tragedy.

11. Disa's rating of the film I Am Not Madame Bovary

this feels like watching Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem from another universe. Bing Bing has crafted her name in new level.

12. Yongjia Li's rating of the film I Am Not Madame Bovary

贵在荒诞不添油醋,不是秋菊打官司,更不是官场现形记,但也就这样了

13. msmichel's rating of the film I Am Not Madame Bovary

Feng Xiaogang has made his best film to date with this often savage attack on Chinese bureaucracy where self preservation outweighs helping the individual. But what is most interesting is that the so-called 'victim' really is at heart wrong in her quest for 'justice' as well. The film's aesthetics often overwhelm the story however with its circular framing and other tricks. Fan Bingbing offers as strong turn here.

14. Ryan Swen's rating of the film I Am Not Madame Bovary