1. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

Boh Nanni non mi piaci proprio. Continuerò comunque (controvoglia) un rewatch più chiaro dei suoi film.

2. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

Slightly amusing, when I got the hang of the rythm.

3. fearraigh's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

It's very disjointed and almost collapses under the weight of its own experimentalism but this is a worthwhile early glimpse of Moretti's art (made when he was only 23). Notable for a rare onscreen appearance by Nanni's literary critic brother Franco and an even rarer use of Subutteo in a film.

4. captainfez's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

5. DrFirestone's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

A sentimental, dark comedy about the cinema (or theatre) - it's purpose and relation with critics, audience, actors and about the creative process itself. This is also a film about complicated relationships with women, independence, rejection, and loneliness. I was surprised how beautifully the small, trivial and often sad elements of life are presented here and actually are an integral part of the experience.

6. Marco Della Motta's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

Regardless of its being his debut feature, it remains a loosely, rather shabbily developed and poorly structured narrative, leaving one bored and largely unsatisfied, even if the film, seemingly long and drawn-out but not actually, is punctuated with some funny and entertaining moments.

7. soniczny's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

Well, I was really getting little put-off by the first 30 minutes. However, at some hard to notice point the film, the Moretti's subtlety, inteligence and humour comes to the surface, all starts to sum up and this convince you that this is excellent debut.

8. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

The feature debut of Nanni Moretti hasn't aged all that well. There is still some general fun to be had, but so much of the material is too dated and/or amateurish and clumsy that it's hard to just enjoy from start to finish.

9. msmichel's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

Moretti's debut feature length picture shows little hint of the brilliance that would develop. Navel gazing script concerning the putting on of an 'experimental' play never really seems to get going yet the film seems much longer than it is.

10. Sjoerd Groos's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

Absurd for sure. Comedy, somewhere underneath. Italian, yes. 70's, longer ago than I imagined. Some tongue in cheeck overly self aware disappointed artist cynicism to enjoy but otherwise too cryptic arty farty cinema student inside joke.

11. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

Much longer than it needs to be. Some sketches become dull, with the performances both here and there. But whenever Moretti is on screen, it's electrifying, sad, funny and a whole range of emotions that only his overbearing charisma can stage. Worth a watch.

12. Chris's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

13. Justin Hall's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

Ci sono alcuni momenti di divertimento. Mi piaceva.

14. Laura Suffield's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

I loved the whole thing, everything about it, from start to finish. Ditto Ecce Bombo.

15. Nan Bauer's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

Delightful, weird, innovative; anyone who's ever put on an amateur play should get a huge kick out of it. Moretti has an absurd sense of humor, but also has a tender side that shows up unexpectedly. As an actor, he's a great comic presence. The movie sends up babbling Italian criticism nicely, and the fast cuts are downright audacious. Really looking forward to the other 2 movies in the series.

16. Trickstian Shantih's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

17. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

18. FISCHER's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

Oeuvre bancale et quelquefois longuette, mais dont l'humour est souvent dénonciateur et grinçant, annonçant la pétulance à venir des réalisations futures... www.cinefiches.com

19. Daniel S.'s rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

First Nanni Moretti effort shot in Super 8. The ironic tone is already there as well as Moretti's love for the characters he depicts. Recommended.

20. Mr. Manna Bigger's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

Film archeologico in cui dei compagni annoiati ci fanno riflettere sul nostro presente. Un must watch

21. J0NS's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

22. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

Moretti's slapstick comedy did not age well. Several references today are cryptic to most non-Italian viewers and Moretti's rants and raves today fall flat. Additionally, threatening his son to "Call the ugly black man" would have been considered racist even in the Seventies. Nonetheless, the theatre director's imperative - "One needs abs and pectorals to be truly avant-garde" - is still true today.

23. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

Unos comediantes de teatro de lo absurdo, representando una comedia absurda. Nanni Moretti contempla a dos protagonistas frustrados (o camino a la frustración) con lo íntimo y sus oficios. Uno neurótico y otro optimista. Ambos, sin embargo, atrayendo un mal karma producto de esa radicalidad o ideología que han decidido seguir.

24. Starshine's rating of the film I Am Self-Sufficient

Meraviglioso Nanni (come sempre).