1. wiwitaek's rating of the film I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

Interesting. I'd like to see more!

2. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

It's most audacious in the Poe-lite, stately voiceover that no one told me to expect, as that particular layer of narration is not exactly taught in film school these days. Her performance, while a bit too scattered, prioritizes the voice as her figure bleeds into a well-defined milieu. Most horror is unnerving until it's crudely climactic, this is just unnerving until it isn't.

3. Fabiha's rating of the film I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

"It is a terrible thing to look at one’s self and all the while see nothing."

4. Matthew Martens's rating of the film I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

"You turned your back so many times, that soon your feet were facing the wrong way altogether." The third star is for that line, and also for the shelves of splendid Penguin (I mean, "Harpoon") paperbacks that live on one of Iris Blum's study's walls. The first two stars are for the very promising preternatural hush that pervades the film from its first frame. The absence of any additional stars is too bad.

5. Laura Lavorato's rating of the film I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

It's a sophisticated little horror, a good attempt that manages to create suspense with very little. Unfortunately its main strengths are also its weakest points. Atmosphere alone gives the viewer a feeling of unfulfilled potential by the end of the movie. I look forward to seeing more from the director in the future.

6. msmichel's rating of the film I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

Atmospheric and eerie new film from director Oz Perkins that is an exercise in tension building that never really comes to fruition. Ruth Wilson is quite good here its the scripting that lacks depth. Well worth a look and bodes promise for further work from the filmmaker.

7. Dan's rating of the film I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

But why the fuck did she talk like a 5 year old? Was that necessary?

8. sabrinahrhp's rating of the film I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

9. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

An expertly staged gothic chiller with a poetic script that is heavy on mood and atmosphere but slight on conventional plot progression. Your enjoyment of this flick hangs on the fact if you can get into the slow burn dread that Perkins conjures up out of meager means. I guess it is easy to find this film boring and slow but yours truly was engrossed completely and also creeped out but the sound design and music.

10. Steve G.'s rating of the film I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

Might raise this to three stars if they make a sequel called I Am The Prettier Thing That Lives In The House.

11. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

2-2.5. I'd really like to see Oz Perkins in the director's chair, again. But I think he should try adapting a tighter script in contrast to what he's written here. He has a lot of abjectly intriguing ideas, and a fair command of visual language. But honestly not a lot happens or changes for an 87-minute horror flick. His points need to be attached to circumstances that lend them flesh and context.

12. Fabio Di Felice's rating of the film I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

Sono la Bella Creatura che Vive in Questa Casa è una ghost story più semplice di quanto non sembri. Lavora su ritmi blandi, una voce narrante molto delicata, quasi sottovoce, e un gioco di rimandi alla letteratura. Peccato che però non concretizzi mai tutto questo accumulare. Il giochetto dopo un po' muore e diventa semplicemente noioso.

13. MarianneRenoir's rating of the film I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

It's Anthony Perkins's version of ''You Keep Coming Back Like a Song'' playing in the background.

14. Renton47's rating of the film I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

In this house you'll either dig the affectation or you won't. Much like 'Eyes of My Mother', it's a stately exercise in mood building which relies on the viewer sharing that mood. Its austerity becomes a stand-in for the mystery, and I suspect its off-kilter nature isn't entirely intentional - the biggest twist for me was that they hired Wilson to have her play straight. I hope and believe this will find its fans.

15. Artemis's rating of the film I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

A deceivingly simple story drawn in exquisitely drawn tension that never lets up.