1. oldfilmsflicker's rating of the film I Am Waiting

2. José Neves's rating of the film I Am Waiting

A beautiful - and this is the exact term - adjustment to noir classic film, with appropriate deviations from the paradigm: not a femme fatale, although, as usual, immersed in fatalism; the protagonist is a broken character, being a vulnerable vision of the male, close to John Garfield's aura.The restaurant next to a railway is a metaphor of passage, which determines the film's pathos, a contrary sensu.

3. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film I Am Waiting

3&half stars. Good Japanese Noir.

4. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film I Am Waiting

Empieza como un melodrama (uno que me recuerda a "Noches blancas) y luego apunta al cine negro. Kurahara superficialmente realiza una película sobre mafias y venganza, pero dentro es una historia sobre personajes frágiles, solitarios, decepcionados con la vida. Estos esperan con desesperanza. Luego cambian de parecer a la llegada de su otro yo. Se abrazan, se protegen. Hay un idioma de la sensibilidad bien curado.

5. lndah's rating of the film I Am Waiting

lonely hearts club's obligatory top 50

6. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film I Am Waiting

Koreyoshi is again doing some riveting things stylistically such as the scene where the characters are just black silhouettes. The story is a more conventional noir fare with themes of pride, love and past. Nevertheless, to watch a classic Japanese noir is part of the joy of this film. To watch what a cinema renowned for it's understated dramas can do with a western genre known for it's extravagance.

7. Basque's rating of the film I Am Waiting

3.5 stars. Beautifully shot

8. James Devereaux's rating of the film I Am Waiting

9. Joe Zaydon's rating of the film I Am Waiting

Early Kurahara is less noir and more drama, but still sports a solid lead and some really cool fist-fights.

10. Lorna Singh's rating of the film I Am Waiting

A moving, well acted crime film. The 2 plot lines are linked by a coincidence but the story is still interesting. The jazzy Soundtrack adds to the impact of key scenes.

11. a Smith's rating of the film I Am Waiting

Like _Collateral_, this film uses a coincidental connection between the female and male leads', and in both it is (to use words from Braden Valleneres' review) "convenient" and a bit "ridiculous", but whereas in the former (and other films with such connections) it is used to manipulate emotions and the narrative, here it is used to extend the theme of one's inability to escape the past and the associated regrets.

12. Daniela's rating of the film I Am Waiting

Probably not worth a watch unless you're a fan of Japanese cinema, but it was okay overall. Had its moments of interesting camerawork. Maybe also interesting for American film noir fans.

13. Barboza's rating of the film I Am Waiting

Storytelling has definitely evolved since the 1950's, but there are enough dramatic beats between the two main characters that, eventually, I became invested. Thematically, however, it's about characters who are guilt ridden and punishing themselves through isolation... And this is timeless. There is a lot going on in this film that I think the brisk running time and fast writing may have stifled. Solid film overall.

14. O. Andersong's rating of the film I Am Waiting

Maybe "easy" noir, but man does it look good. The boy-meets-girl, boy-lets-girl-go, boy-uses-girl-and-fists-to-save-himself plot is rarely exceptional, but the precise pacing and deliberate character development, up to and through the protagonist's arc of a killer ex-boxer, kept the action taut.