1. Dory Bakiewicz Ehmer's rating of the film I Cannot Tell You How I Feel

2. Richard Tines's rating of the film I Cannot Tell You How I Feel

A filmmaker/pioneer faces a situation many of us have to face at any certain point in our lives...how does she began to deal? by working in her milieu, mixing and remixing word, image, and sound into a diary of her mother's decline...this is the third in a loosely themed trio of docs about her and her relationship to her mother, and I will add more after seeing them to the comments below,

3. Sakinah's rating of the film I Cannot Tell You How I Feel

This film really dealt with a very touchy subject to most in an interesting way. I loved how relatable it is due to the fact that they didn't really end with an answer of what to do in their situation, only to just keep going on with life and "put one foot in front of another". The actual film aspect in regards to cinematography was great as well. The cut-aways to family album pictures and films were highlights.

4. glhrmefc's rating of the film I Cannot Tell You How I Feel

This is an exceptional short film. The feelings and visions of each one about the change / aging is what touched me the most.

5. Blakevon's rating of the film I Cannot Tell You How I Feel

A tender approach to a position that is not unfamiliar to all of us. This is a "coming of age story" where 94-year-old main character Lore is being filmed during the process of being uprooted from her home in Chicago to an independent living facility. A film that really gives insight into how loved ones feel about nearing their final years. Constantly told she's doing well for her age reminds Lore of her position.

6. Jessica's rating of the film I Cannot Tell You How I Feel

I really like how honest this film is. I think it can be relatable to so many people who have a parent that is ageing and needs to be taken care of. Sometimes it can be frustrating to be around an elderly person that forgets everything and I think this film really shows that. My grandmother has Alzheimer's and she used to call multiple times to hello, not remembering she has called ten times that day.

7. Vinny's rating of the film I Cannot Tell You How I Feel

I Cannot Tell You How I Feel is a film about a woman who doesn't know how to help her very old mother. She is so old that she constantly forgets things, misplaces items, and is extremely paranoid about every situation. It is very moving, because the backstory for her life is told, revealing how she had a very difficult life raising 3 kids as a single mother right after leaving Germany after World War II.

8. Victor W's rating of the film I Cannot Tell You How I Feel

A lovely short film documentary following the life of a beautiful wise old lady. The story this documentary told will forever resonate with me because i have the same attitude and demeanor towards the elderly people in my life. Also, working at a nursing hope can increase your patience with the elderly. The filmmaker used different methods of cinematography to capture the film in a special essence, Wonderful.

9. Loz Loory's rating of the film I Cannot Tell You How I Feel

Watching loved ones grow older and struggle with losing control over every part of their life is hell on everyone involved. I wish this film were longer and included interviews with the brother and sister about what's happening to their mother. Different personality types are better equipped to deal with persons with dementia; Su's impatience is no help. I wish the mother had a trained counselor to advocate for her.

10. Jalise's rating of the film I Cannot Tell You How I Feel

i feel like this is really a good film to watch if you are struggling with an aging parent who has dimensia. it's very complicated dealing with older people who are so shaped by the traumas they experienced during their lives and the trauma you inherit from them as their children/ grandchildren...

11. #NotEdmundLeach's rating of the film I Cannot Tell You How I Feel

Scott MacDonald has rightly called this film "aesthetically unpretentious, ethically adult, and carefully crafted." A compelling essay film in the recognizable voice of an accomplished American fillmmaker about the fraught/contracting space between mother and daughter, life and death.

12. laurax's rating of the film I Cannot Tell You How I Feel

Very real if you’ve had a parent in this position. The music was not random - each piece had a meaning specific to what was going on. I guess Stefan was watching a different movie.

13. Slappy McGee's rating of the film I Cannot Tell You How I Feel

(4.5 stars) Such a moving documentary that is full of wry wit, sarcasm and utter honesty from the filmmaker. What makes this more than just a sad short film, is the honest attitude that Friedrich brings to the narration (usually displayed in typed titles overlaying themselves over the action we are seeing). They are clever asides and speak straight to the heart of what Friedrich is feeling. Wanted more.