1. bryanvmh's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

Agnes Godard crushes it, Claire Denis leaves me crushed

2. FISCHER's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

Après "S'en fout la mort", une amère déception. Le film se perd dans les méandres d'histoires parallèles à celle du personnage central et ne parvient jamais à convaincre... www.cinefiches.com

3. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film I Can't Sleep

You can find Ozu touch scattered in Kiarostami, Wenders, Hou, Jarmusch... yet no one come close to its tenderness like Denis

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

5. Joel's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

Although I appreciated the warm detatchment that created the strange atmosphere of the film, I kept waiting for an AHA! moment when I would feel some strong connection to a character or scene. Though perhaps that's the point, that was what kept me from really getting into this film. I appreciate the stories of marginalized characters and the obviously intentional avoidance of sensationalism, but I still wasn't won.

6. ennui.'s rating of the film I Can't Sleep

7. MONSIEURDE's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

8. hazal ilbay's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

9. Renton47's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

Portrait of individuals isolated from their surroundings, not so much marginalised as alienated. All indifferent to the promise of utopia that a modern city promises. Murder is perhaps the toughest sell of this film, but Denis appropriates a more conventionally tragic tale of murder and destruction and makes it a more ambiguous tale of the numb experiences from the fringes.

10. thivai abhor's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

Post-coital theory of film viewing remembered after screening I Can't Sleep http://letterboxd.com/mdbento/film/i-cant-sleep/

11. Daniel Iván's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

Denis' films have a rhythm of their own, somehow uncanny but at the same time cozy and familiar. The portrait of the character in this film is as important as the portrait of the city itself and of a deep sense of strangeness and despair in the urban environment. Beautiful film.

12. Jason's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

Claire Denis in the nineties: the patron saint of a generation. What is so interesting about her films of this period, especially I Can't Sleep, which remains a favorite (in fact it gets better and better), is that their synopses seem so much like the kind of stuff one is accustomed to reading in festival programs. But her way into and around an experience of the world is peerless and exactly right. She owned us.

13. sabbi irimiás esaú alzate botero's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

14. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

Una película de inclinaciones sociales sobre personajes sobrellevando dramas distintos. Por un lado la migración de una mujer que llega, por otro la de un hombre que aspira al retorno, mientras que un tercero ajustándose a la mediocridad. En un contexto, una ola de asesinatos de mujeres mayores. De pronto el primer personaje está varado comportándose como un objeto estático. Sobre los otros, nada complejo. Simple.

15. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

16. Ryan Browder's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

Love the subdued acting, I need more films like this in my life!

17. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

18. novanindro's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

19. Ronja's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

I really loved the subtlety of this film and the strange atmosphere. Yekaterina Golubeva remains one of my favourite actresses. Her presence gives a lot to the film.

20. i hate movies's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

as usual i walk away from another denis film feeling totally crushed and hopeless and melancholy in all of the right ways. i feel like it's difficult to talk about what her films to do me because, like most great cinema, they have their own kind of language that i can't translate into words. so gorgeous.

21. Eleni Ashton's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

I kept getting distracted by the exquisitely beautiful Yekaterina Golubeva and Richard Courcet.

22. adrianmendizabal's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

When you give Claire Denis a material, she softens it and boils it down into a transgressive trance that grips you till the very end of the last frame.

23. Canaletto's rating of the film I Can't Sleep

Con esta última entrega de la trilogía, Denis no se va sin dejarnos con un buen numero de escenas de su característico estilo observacional, y es aquí, aparte de su presentación no formulaica, donde radica el interés de la cinta ya que el resultado final, en contraste con sus dos previas cintas, como que no cuaja completamente.

24. Angelo Dagonel's rating of the film I Can't Sleep