1. Richmond Hill's rating of the film I, Claudius

The thinking man's soap opera: a gloriously satiric serial containing some of the most relishable and delicious moments of high drama and low comedy (bed fellows both) ever committed to film (or rather video given its multi-camera format, here superbly modulated with that crackle of live performance missing from much modern television). The archest of raised historical eyebrows.

2. Severus Snape's rating of the film I, Claudius

3. m00njaguar's rating of the film I, Claudius

Brilliant. A compelling mini-series about the early days of Imperial Rome, told from the perspective of Claudius, a disabled intellectual who rises to become the accidental emperor of Rome and then has to maneuver through a sea of intrigue to survive. An excellent cast of Shakespearian theater veterans brings these characters to life.

4. Muraki's rating of the film I, Claudius

the original version of game of thrones, you can learn everything in life from the history of this empire & also this is an autobiography of a man who seeks his way to deliverance through foolishness.

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film I, Claudius

I said at the time, "I can't believe they're showing this on TV." So many great stars in this mini-series. I went around for weeks imitating Derek Jacobi's stutter. I also thought that his strategy for surviving was something to learn from.

6. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film I, Claudius

Love the series. Lots of memorable performances. Terrific.

7. Roscoe's rating of the film I, Claudius

Grand fun, one of the best television series ever.