1. Yokna HASEGAWA's rating of the film I Come with the Rain

i'm really fascinated by this film. though even the director himself isn't satisfied. i often remember this story about wounded healer. and psychic maze of seeker.beauty of grotesque in this film may be cheep,but i love the possibility in the imperfect things.and have sympathy for tran's favorite symbol-scar. Please make part 2 or continuing story,tran!!

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film I Come with the Rain

The Asians shouldn't be speaking in English between each other. The spiritual parts seemed phony. I liked the sculpture base on Francis Bacon. Too many long pondering takes, and Josh staring at the portraits.

3. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film I Come with the Rain

It's a mess. Pointless scenes, pointless characters, confusing... But damn it's got soul. A real diamond in the mud. The soundtrack (Radiohead and post-rock!), the disgusting violence, one of the most neurotic cops I have seen in a movie, and the originality of mixing a neo-noir crime thriller with a modern telling of Jesus Christ. There's amazing vision here.

4. Ostermyers's rating of the film I Come with the Rain

Tran is great as usual. Mesmerizing and disturbing.

5. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film I Come with the Rain

One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Astonishingly vile and dumb. There's some serial killer in Hong Kong or somewhere wearing skin suits of dead ladies or something. Some American and Canadian actors show up amidst a Far Eastern cast whose English ability is often risible. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. So awful it almost made me forget that this director has made some fine Vietnamese-language films.

6. Adam GR's rating of the film I Come with the Rain

Trần Anh Hùng, what were you trying to create? Lee Byung Hun is sexy in his violence, as Elias Koteas is compelling in his. Otherwise, it was a cinematic hot mess for me.

7. MODERNGRUMBLE's rating of the film I Come with the Rain

I don't know, I gave this two stars to begin with but some of the images and ideas have lingered with me for some time. I'll watch it again some day and see what I think then. Distrubing and . . . hopeful?

8. FailedImitator's rating of the film I Come with the Rain

A complete mess; just all over the place.

9. Adam Cross's rating of the film I Come with the Rain

more people need to see this

10. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film I Come with the Rain

Immensly flawed in so many ways but still it intrigues me to no end. I have only seen it once but have not stopped thinking about it these last few months. I reckon I have to get it now that it is out on Blu-Ray.

11. liside's rating of the film I Come with the Rain

if it was only about violence it'd been much better. Christ parabolas are good but he clearly couldn't handle it the right way. all those asian muscles are good, though

12. Aurora's rating of the film I Come with the Rain

13. Geir Friestad's rating of the film I Come with the Rain

The first 2/3 are much better than expected, given the poor word of mouth this film has. Unfortunately, Tran's otherwise excellent, moody neo-noir spins out of control when he jumps tracks for a loopy retelling of the Christ story in the last 1/3. Too bad, though I Come with the Rain is still worth seeing.

14. Aaken's rating of the film I Come with the Rain

Trân Anh Hùng has showed two faces in his films: depending on whether the main subject of his film is male of female. I personally feel his 'male' films, namely 'Cyclo' and 'I come with the Rain' to be more compelling for me, even if they're quite demanding visually. This modern story of Christ set in Hong Kong is very striking. Love it in spite of a certain lack of coherence in the acting)

15. Tyler Aikens's rating of the film I Come with the Rain

How could they have gone so wrong with such a strong cast? It has a very promising first 30 minutes, but then it then quickly descends into utter belligerence Very disappointing..