1. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

Entretenido filme fabulado sobre una mujer desencantándose con la rutina masculina. Importante por su valor coyuntural. Es interesante cómo Lubitsch aborda por partida doble un tema tabú: la liberación femenina y la homosexualidad.

2. Bilouaustria's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

Ernst Lubitsch + Ossi Oswalda make always a great combo ! Let us forget the not so believable script : it works mostly because it is full of energy and joyful transgression. Must have been a schocker at the time. Go and watch "Die Puppe" if you want to see more !

3. FISCHER's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

Que ce soit sa période muette ou ses films sonores, Ernst Lubitsch fait partie des plus grands, pour certains même le plus grand... www.cinefiches.com

4. letters never sent's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

5. Rui Oliveira's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

Very funny... A good film of the early years of cinema... And a very avant-garde theme for that time.

6. Cherrelle H's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

I'm going to assume the rest of the film was as much of a laugh as the first 13mins before my viewing froze (tech fault not Mubi's) and that all women would like to be a bit like this defiant one. The closest i've come is "dilly-dallying" in a lovely gown, i've tried but can't grow any armpit hairs. Nice to rely on a film for action more than words. It would've been my first silent movie.

7. Matthew Ross's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

8. dmol's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

Some moments of excellent direction there by Mr Lubitsch, spiced up by a wonderfully perky, profoundly expressive protagonist. It doesn't go much deeper than that, though.

9. m l's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

Surprised how we can still laugh at a 100 year old German film.

10. Tom Dore's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

May at times look like it's not going anywhere, but it's worth sticking with it.

11. Jo D's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

This is so much fun. Ossi Oswalda is a joy to watch ricocheting around the screen giving the other characters major sass, and she looks great in her androgynous guise. A traditional gender swap comedy with some underlying queer thrills for a modern audience. Loved it.

12. miles's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

13. raggiodisole's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

Light-hearted and surely well-meaning look at transgender issues

14. Duncan Gray's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

The film is stretching it a little even at 44 minutes, and a lot of what it has to say about the battle of the sexes is simplistic, and more than a little outdated. But then you have to factor in the joyous staging of the last reel, a commentary on how sexuality a) is fluid, and b) exists no matter what social code or outfit you paper over it. A happy harbinger of things to come for the director.

15. Brendan's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

16. Irma Vep's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

Ossi Oswalda is too adorable in tails and there are some awesome queer makeouts, but unfortunately the movie's premise is used as an occasion for misogyny more often than not.

17. Jack Hoehn's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

In addition to what others have said, Ossi Oswalda is an absolute joy to watch. So full of energy.

18. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

19. Macklemore's rating of the film I Don't Want to Be a Man

Lubitsch understood transgender issues in the 1910s, and had the gall to make a film about them the year of the Armistice.. Let that sink into your head for a moment. Then go watch this movie,