1. tyb's rating of the film I Just Didn't Do It

While it's long and somewhat drawn-out, this based-on-a-real-story court drama is engaging and successful in pointing out some of the failings of the Japanese justice system while avoiding the pitfall of ignoring the real problem of public transport molestation.

2. anschyn's rating of the film I Just Didn't Do It

"courtroom is not a place where the truths are uncovered but a place for them to speculate"

3. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film I Just Didn't Do It

The Japanese court system as grim Kafkan maw from which no innocent man emerges whole.

4. ElTigreNegro's rating of the film I Just Didn't Do It

Chilling portrayal of a "justice" system more focused on social status than actually seeking the truth. You will feel frustrated watching such absurd sets of ritual being display here, but this kind of story needs to be told.

5. Mugino's rating of the film I Just Didn't Do It

Loosely based on a true story, this is a grim yet fascinating glimpse into the present criminal justice system in Japan. A move to afford greater rights to victims has corrupted itself into a perverse 99.9% conviction rate at the expense of the innocent. (FYI, English Wiki has it wrong regarding the events that followed the real-life 2005 case.)

6. Jerome Magajes's rating of the film I Just Didn't Do It

I really don't remake this American film.