1. Luca Angelini's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

2. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

3. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

This impressionistic movie with striking cinematography is more interesting as a period artifact than as entertainment. Sandrelli is exquisite and she gets some good support from Nino Manfredi and Joachim Fuchsberger but the film does not cohere. It doen't become an organic whole with emotional force like "Nights of Cabiria." I found it a frustrating viewing experience. I did love the pop song score, though.

4. Stefano Pedrocchi's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

Great pace, enchanting soundtrack and some divine camera work.

5. Ethan's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

Stefania Sandrelli delivers a stellar performance as the beautiful and tragic woman at the center of this story who is just trying to make it in a society that only wants to use and abuse her and is incapable of seeing the people that are good for her. A very underrated masterpiece of Italian cinema.

6. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

Nice sad ending that legitimate the boring 2h before where we got the point of her failed life too quickly. This said, Stefania Sandrelli was absolutely gorgeous! I'm in love <3

7. Arf's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

una Sandrelli bella e svampita in una Roma caciarona e menefreghista, bella regia, bella colonna sonora, bei vestiti

8. Muntagnari's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

9. grotescsetorg's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

10. Jason's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

One of these revelations from the Criterion roster (one of the rare masterpieces they put out about which I knew nothing beforehand). The form is entirely sui generis; the approach is radically episodic (and I mean radically) and formally exploratory. This is a movie that will go where it damn well pleases and conduct itself how it sees fit. The title serves the epistemological indictment the film itself mobilizes.

11. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

What a film about a girl trying to make it in a industry where it's common to exploit. Her naivety is charming, but unfortunately there were plenty of people willing to take advantage of her.

12. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

13. Aardsy's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

Gorgeous, tragic and funny.

14. PM's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

15. Matthew Martens's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

I've got your great beauty right here. Loses perhaps a fraction of its fifth star for its finale, though it's hard to imagine it ending any other way. A film that takes surfaces seriously, finding and floodlighting the fissure between manic pleasure and panicked desperation with sympathetic but unsparing precision, Pietrangeli's masterpiece may as well be the missing link between La Dolce Vita and Toby Dammit.

16. eugenie de sade's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

it's like the story of an extra from la dolce vita! this could be a perfect film if it were less disjointed (though i get what they were going for, maybe i'm just used to a more linear joan crawford type of rags-to-riches-to-rags movie) and knew itself a little better but really just that it exists and is at all well-executed is enough to be great and very worthwhile & enjoyable

17. Daniel S.'s rating of the film I Knew Her Well

A first-class screenplay cowritten by Pietrangeli, Maccari and Ettore Scola. The first scene of the movie says it all: a long travelling showing us a beach of sand filled with garbage stops in front of the superb half-naked body of Stefania Sandrelli. She's a pearl born from the turd. She'll try to survive in the corrupted world of Italian show-business without being infected. Masterpiece.

18. ramosbarajas's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

19. polkasan's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

Beautiful italian gem. Loved it. Gorgeous cinematography, incredible soundtrack of italian pop songs. And a must-see for all Stefania Sandrelli fans.

20. Alain Leun's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

Admirable work.The film,a hidden italian gem about a heroine tryin' to struggle in the dirty world of fashion and showbiz.Sandrelli proves here her indefinite talent in one of her best performances.Truthful,depressing and full of excellent images this film deserves a little bit more of attention.

21. 張大智's rating of the film I Knew Her Well

My kind of film. Fun and incredibly sad. The narrative is intimate, felt and balanced; the photography is elegant but never cumbersome; and the supporting cast does a beautiful job, which thanks to Pietrangeli's direction never steals the attention from Sandrelli, who is at the height of her talents in this film. Highly recommended to Antonioni fans, and soundtrack lovers! 5 stars more than well deserved for this one