1. bryanvmh's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

It makes it perfectly clear that she does not in fact know where she's going, and we as the audience do, and I was disappointed that she didn't marry the rich guy because Roger Livesey is a creepy fellow, but hot damn do those double and triple exposures sing

2. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

Good double feature with “Brief Encounter.” This may, somehow, be better, which seems hard to believe.

3. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

7.5/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Vi

4. Allison Rung's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

The most obvious source of this movie's effervescence is the dialogue, or the humor of the dialogue against the dead-serious (or just really good) photography. But the story's so buoyant (in spite of an unlikeable heroine) because of all its elisions... we don't see the fiancé for one thing, and (avoiding spoilers) you need 2 hands to count all the other should-have-happpeneds that didn't.

5. captainfez's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

6. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

A romance on the surface but what grips you is everything else: brilliantly atmospherically shot, at times quite expressionistic, a setting that celebrates human spirit and eccentricity yet is also informed by a sense of unease, superstition and darkness, the violence of the natural elements denoting emotional turmoil. All the performances are beautifully realised and it's funny too. Typically P&P, odd and charming.

7. RockFuzzEleven's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

I have no idea where I'm going

8. tintinmugshot's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

Powell & Pressburger at their prime.

9. Superfrog's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

Good photography, the right kind of exprimental in parts. A slightly shallow script introducing much deeper political reflections, a really good watch.

10. Nicolas Pierce's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

This is an absolute masterclass in how to tell a cinematic story through the use of location. Not P & P's finest hour, but a damn fine romance all the same.

11. miles's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

I felt this was a step back compared to other earlier films of the duo.

12. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

Very watchable, wonderful setting.

13. Tja's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

Energetic, 1947, drama for which Trevor - Brief Encounter-Howard, must have been unavailable, although I swear I glimpsed him in the Scottish mist on several occasions. Wendy Hillier, plays the ' independent minded' woman whose vision only extends to marrying a rich bloke, but settles for an RAF officer instead. The main character is the weather which provides romantic and sea-borne excitement in stunning monochrome.

14. P Teddy Sawyer's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

An ode to British eccentricity and passion, the feet bouncing on the floorboards of the Ceilidgh and sarcasm and spit from Finlay Currie.

15. FISCHER's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

Ici encore, une nouvelle fois, le réalisateur Michael Powell prouve qu'il sait, mieux que tout autre, capter la force de la nature et d'un milieu envoûtant et transcrire son action sur "une âme qui fait fausse route". Une sympathique curiosité ! www.cinefiches.com

16. alimcintyre's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

Dull, dreary with iffy acting. It didn't do it for me.

17. Stefan Drees's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

There are so many exceptional moments in this film. Look for instance at the short, carefully crafted dream sequence during the journey with its use of voices in the music.

18. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

A film dedicated "to true scotsmen everywhere" - an atmospheric authentic film. About class, culture and human nature when it comes to love. Got me so angry at times, it's so engaging, you want to scream. Overall a really gorgeous film and fun to watch.

19. JCPJD's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

The moving parts are all rather well done, but the casting doesn't work for me. I didn't really want anything nice to happen to Wendy Hiller's character. Being Scottish, I have a knee jerk reaction against the 'English bint goes to the Islands' genre of cinema. I just never warmed to their relationship; her in particular.

20. the_mentaculus's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

The beginning has that old-school British obviousness and superficial wit, but once you're stuck in the Scottish highlands you'll never want to leave. The Archers tell the conventional story magnificently well - and they somehow depict the culture they're in with respect, even if some of it is played for laughs.

21. jonijtr's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

Erwin Hiller is the only people who did a great job here

22. Andrew Miller's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

The hope for the future this film eventually chooses to affirm brings me to tears.

23. Luis Pires's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

I loved Cheril! Wish she had more screen time.

24. SpacePirate's rating of the film I Know Where I’m Going!

Great screenplay. Cool location shots. Gets better with each viewing I think