1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film I Love Beijing

2. Owen Atkins's rating of the film I Love Beijing

meh, I get what the film was trying to do but the storyline and characters weren't gripping enough for me. Nice shots of Beijing and an interesting look into the urban culture, though.

3. Damian's rating of the film I Love Beijing

Following Dezi in a mosaic of scenes from his taxi driver life in Beijing in the late 1990s, the film takes a surprisingly deep and interesting turn the closer it is to its end. Accompanied by modern music both the camera and editing are providing a very distinct feeling all the characters are feeling - a feeling of change and of being lost in a vastly modernising city. A good example of the Chinese urban cinema.

4. Cichlisuite's rating of the film I Love Beijing

5. baba lola's rating of the film I Love Beijing

6. Diane Arbus's rating of the film I Love Beijing

I loved this movie. It's a great picture of Beijing, the point of view of a little bit alienated taxi driver that struggles between his hard job and his private life. I always feel very interesting the way asians describe feelings with few words and beautiful pictures. It's a beautiful, great movie. "Driver, have you ever had your heart broken?" "All those words of love, are still in my heart, even without him."

7. DrFirestone's rating of the film I Love Beijing

Great insight into 2000's Beijing. Acting is very good in my opinion. At times I almost felt watching a documentary. It explores the conflict between ancient traditions and modern life, and follows daily (and night) routines of a taxi driver. I wonder how Beijing has changed over 15 years, and how today's version of this film would be!

8. Erika Jane's rating of the film I Love Beijing

A naturalistic portrait of a city going through change through a portrait of one of its citizens. *metaphors flying about everywhere*.The insight into Beijing life, visually and culturally, in 2000 is enjoyable. The style does drag and the characters are irritating, but perhaps thats the point. I'd like to see what a similar film set there would look like now.

9. s1mon81's rating of the film I Love Beijing

A frank insight into Beijing society through the eyes of a wandering taxi driver. A good man in some ways, in others misguided.

10. Squashua's rating of the film I Love Beijing

A narrative incredibly reminiscent of Wong Kar-Wai's early work except without many of the visual flourishes and with a tendency for lo-fi normcorm-esque filming & the 'exploring-a-city-via-wandering' mentality the Italian Neo-realists had back in the 1950's. For a film that seems to be billed as a love letter to a city, it is surprisingly downbeat and unwilling to romanticise within the endless jungle of concrete.

11. SolaraSara's rating of the film I Love Beijing

12. anwoody's rating of the film I Love Beijing

Not a bad tale of grimey Beijing life and the struggle to find meaning as it changes. Lots of Truffaut jump-cuts!

13. raggiodisole's rating of the film I Love Beijing

Beijing. Just like any other city, with some people that resemble city-dwellers everywhere. Hey, loves hard, but following this film is a little harder

14. Max Seqgar's rating of the film I Love Beijing

This movie makes you travel into the hearts and minds of common chinese folk living it's big city dreams. Really nice!

15. gerosanchez's rating of the film I Love Beijing

Great point of view of the 2000's Beijing. Sometimes the storytelling loses coherence, but, although that, it show us a great lesson about the search of love.

16. Rohan Berry's rating of the film I Love Beijing

A frantically edited, intensely mobile and slyly elliptical look at fidelity and promiscuity. A Beijing cab driver who is far too attached to the grubby allure of the 'exclusive' types he shuttles from place to place, sees his empty marriage fall apart through inattention and infidelity. Ning Ying's camera explores the characters and their relationship to Beijing by creating images that cannot be taken at face value.

17. Arctic Alamut's rating of the film I Love Beijing

A country in construction and its lives in perpetual transition.

18. Daniel's rating of the film I Love Beijing

19. EdieEmm's rating of the film I Love Beijing

A somewhat aesthetically interesting tour through the lives of a handful of shallow, emotionally immature and hard-to-like characters, as some sort of commentary on Beijing, apparently. Meh.

20. Dan and Emily's rating of the film I Love Beijing

Interesting document of Beijing at the turn of the century. Nice vérité style cinematography with flowing movement due to large portions of this film taking place while driving. Cool soundtrack, good acting, definitely worth checking out.

21. Isabelle Hayeur's rating of the film I Love Beijing

22. between7skies's rating of the film I Love Beijing

Bleak but compelling portrait of human toll of modernization/ and post industrialization on Chinese society, seen through the prism of the struggling working class protagonist the cab driver.

23. cheukho2007@gmail.com's rating of the film I Love Beijing

24. Jhon's rating of the film I Love Beijing

this has quality, I really enjoyed it. good film <a href=”http://www.bestedieet.org”>bestedieet</a>