1. Carl Penguin's rating of the film I Melt with You

2,5/5 - this movie is so good in the first half, but in some moments, it's like a parody. this could be great, but the script is exaggerated.

2. Counterfeit's rating of the film I Melt with You

3. d's rating of the film I Melt with You

soundtrack was amazing

4. pieomy's rating of the film I Melt with You

Harrowing/depressing/unrealistic. The scene where Rob Lowe calls his ex with Just Like Honey playing in the background was pretty moving to me. But generally the film is too long, and the characters aren't likeable. I think it's trying a bit too hard to make an impression. Good soundtrack though.

5. javo love's rating of the film I Melt with You

6. Reindertot's rating of the film I Melt with You

"I Melt With you": You expect "The Hangover" and then the ghost Ian Curtis, douchily, dick-slap you.

7. Ryan M.'s rating of the film I Melt with You

The first hour I'd consider unfocused but tolerable. The second hour is an absolute train-wreck. The character's grow into people we despise, not conducive to enjoyable cinema. Also, their deconstructive habits become repetitive and banal quick. The actors often try and salvage the material, but it's a truly misguided movie that really never hits it's stride. Pretty killer soundtrack though.

8. rorydean's rating of the film I Melt with You

Driven verisimilitude makes effortless everyday musings into a confrontational match of truth and consequences where shadow confidants force answers to the hardest questions imaginable – are we bound to the rigid romanticism’s of our youth or by denial obligated to hold ourselves punishable? This is not a bad movie, rather a movie about bad things and the people torn apart by them.

9. Westley's rating of the film I Melt with You

This is unintentional comedy gold. I can't believe how pretentious this movie is. The screenplay is awful. It's one dumb mid-life-crisis cliche after another, played so self-seriously it's ludicrous. I imagine the writer thinks this stuff is incredibly "deep", not realizing how trite, obvious, and shallow it really is. On a technical level it is stylish, but the style can't save this vapid story about vapid people.

10. Jackpantalones's rating of the film I Melt with You

Holy cow. The early frenetic partying scenes are static and dull, while the tragic and "disturbing" second half is deeply funny. And I don't think that was on purpose. Ludicrous, self-important and over-directed. Submerge yourself in the mangst! (That's "man angst," by the way). Best exchange: "What the fuck are we doing here?" "We're not even here." That's deep. I hope my mid-life crisis is this nuts.

11. michaelstemplin@gmail.com's rating of the film I Melt with You

Well written, enthralling characters. Great locations, as demonstrated by beautiful landscape and low-angle Interior shots. Great score, ambient & focused. Good cast; Lowe, Piven, Jane all lead very well. McKay falls short. Clean cuts, clean editing; poorly executed contemporary technique (goPro, Shake) but well organized. (IV)

12. JapeMan's rating of the film I Melt with You

Kin of falls apart in the 3rd act and becomes a very different movie but the rest of the film is awesome and Thomas Jane is great in it.

13. jeffreyreeser's rating of the film I Melt with You

fuckin A. saw it at afi. apparently its a lot different than when it was at Sundance. the director said it wasnt ready. but its great

14. Aqua_Tofana's rating of the film I Melt with You

No comments? Hasn't anyone seen it @ Sundance or have any thoughts to share?

15. daviddaviddavid's rating of the film I Melt with You

Saw it at Sundance. Best movie of the year.