1. Axel's rating of the film I Origins

Heartbraking and deeply emotional. Also. Somewhat thought-provoking.

2. HAD!L's rating of the film I Origins

3. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film I Origins

4. bucharestaesthetics's rating of the film I Origins

5. Beatriz Isidro's rating of the film I Origins

6. Moh de Mansour's rating of the film I Origins

I give 3 stars for the way the intrigue was developped,but the plot was original and deserves 4 stars. The cast, and specifically Agnès Bergès-Frisbey & Brit Marling, conveyed emotions in such a magical way.

7. DenoResandono's rating of the film I Origins

Honestly, I loved the premise of I ORIGINS. It was unique and interesting. Mike Cahill succeed to combine various theme such as science fiction, romance, and tragedy. Cahill knows how to handle it well. Unfortunately, I was kinda disappointed when one of the character died, and I ORIGIN began to focus in its science fiction theme. The transition looks rough and it feels rushed. But it's still an entertaining movie...

8. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film I Origins

9. Setya Rahmah's rating of the film I Origins

Now listening Dust It Off by The Dø.

10. Catarina Monteiro's rating of the film I Origins

11. @frassivan's rating of the film I Origins

12. leirmx's rating of the film I Origins

13. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film I Origins

This film has changed my perspective about everything.

14. Marco Tassinari's rating of the film I Origins

15. Paula Rocha's rating of the film I Origins

16. Sere-chan's rating of the film I Origins

I felt the lack of a layer of "substance", but the idea is great

17. hmmmmm's rating of the film I Origins

18. Burcu Soygüzeloğlu's rating of the film I Origins

Cahill is that good. I can just say it gives hope, somehow. That ending elevator scene is just sweetly terse, stunning, jarring, visceral and unforgettable at the same time, augmented with a bit of Radiohead to round everything up, which saddens me even more. Speaking of which, DO NOT LEAVE when the end titles start rolling, as there is an intriguing and surprising post-end titles sequence you don't want to miss.

19. Daniel Roque's rating of the film I Origins

Ian and Sofi's random relationship feels like a cheap excuse to bring an emotional background to the discovery at the end of the film, which didn't work for me. I was hoping for an indie sci-fi, in the tone of 'Another Earth' but apart from the two main characters appearance, 'I Origins' didn't live up to my expectations.

20. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film I Origins

who cares about your mentos-addicted girlfriend?

21. alchimia's rating of the film I Origins

you live in this fairy, magical fantasy land. it's a fucking lie, and you know it's a lie

22. seakat's rating of the film I Origins

I'm interested in the movie by Britt, but I realized that Mike has a good style and he could do something really good in the future.

23. nvtsrmr's rating of the film I Origins

It's painful yet beautiful. Vice versa. I can never forget that elevator scene. Fck

24. ig_____or's rating of the film I Origins

After "Another Earth" Cahill delivers another (most of the time) smart, emotional, indie sci-fi flick. While the romance that takes place during the first half of the film unfolds in a lazy way (how many times have we seen that rational/emotional love couple on TV and films?) ending with Sofi's sketchy death, the second part is more entertaining. There are some outstanding shots throughout but it's an uneven film.

← Previous 1 3 4 5