1. Mcpeer's rating of the film I Stand Alone

Vintage Noe. Captivating, intense, DARK, upsetting, titilating, horrific, deprived, and wonderful in so many ways. This is not a film for most people and one that should rightfully upset everyone. It’s not a graphic as Gaspar’s other works but may be equally disturbing. A great sign of things to come and an accomplished, idiosyncratic, fierce early work by one of cinemas most audacious and inspiring directors today.

2. F/K's rating of the film I Stand Alone

.......On the other hand we have the much better and expanded I Stand Alone. It's like Taxi Driver but more misanthropic and nihilistic. And since this is a feature length film, it gives Noe to show off his cinematic and technical skills even more. The last 30 minutes are just plain brilliant, i expected to end in the same way as Taxi Driver but Noe subverts that and gives the butcher an ending that suits him.

3. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film I Stand Alone

Quanta bella roba sto vedendo ultimamente? E comunque il film lascia addosso una depressione e un odio per la vita ai massimi livelli

4. MisterColo93's rating of the film I Stand Alone

5. ginobartolomi's rating of the film I Stand Alone

I recall being tense and eager for the whole thing to be over, I suppose that's what Noé is all about

6. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film I Stand Alone

7. Richmond Hill's rating of the film I Stand Alone

Almost a manifesto of what was to come with Noe, this is raw meat indeed. One admires the strident confidence of the piece but question the point of expressing nihilistic concerns in such brutal terms. I suspect the answer is because you can, but that hardly furthers debate let alone enlightenment. It sorely lacks the polemical drive of, say a Pasolini. Nebulous offal: stylishly arranged, little more.

8. Mihail, caine de circ's rating of the film I Stand Alone

"People think they are free.But freedom doesn't exist.There are only laws that strangers have made for their own good, laws that bind me in unhappiness."

9. freskonthesfenks's rating of the film I Stand Alone

So dark, so depressive. An uncertain man with certain thoughts. He has thoughts about every little thing but he can not implement them. Gaspar Noé used fast-motion in some parts that increased the excitement of those scenes and he flashed some images very well that you can have an idea about The Butcher's thoughts.

10. ig_____or's rating of the film I Stand Alone

An intense overdose of misanthropy, cynicism, anger, hate, nihilism, violence and incest courtesy of Noé. It showed an unapologetic start for his career and laid out the foundations for most of the themes he would later explore in his films. Cool stuff.

11. Avenca's rating of the film I Stand Alone

A raw film about man's deepest desire for vengeance. Constant despair and solitude bring out this butcher's need for blood and pain on a demand for justice through "poor people" methods. To each his own morality, to each his own justice.

12. FISCHER's rating of the film I Stand Alone

Une oeuvre "bulldozer" qui séduit et dérange par son radicalisme effréné et son inquiétante logique jusqu'au-boutiste, sillonnant allègrement les arcanes obscures de l'être .... Incontournable ! www.cinefiches.com

13. alchimia's rating of the film I Stand Alone

My goal in life is to become Gaspar Noé's muse.

14. vizija's rating of the film I Stand Alone

Connection with Irreversible, definitely Gaspar is a psychopath.

15. belemir's rating of the film I Stand Alone

16. ughchenausea's rating of the film I Stand Alone

17. p.omegranates's rating of the film I Stand Alone

18. tomohartono's rating of the film I Stand Alone

Brutal view of life and its hardships through the eye of a misanthropist.

19. Balthaz21's rating of the film I Stand Alone

20. Andrea Streva's rating of the film I Stand Alone

An irresponsible film that perpetuates misogyny and xenophobic actions under the pretext of being "breaking the moral".

21. LauraPalmer's rating of the film I Stand Alone

Grotesque, filthy, perverted, cruel, BRILLIANT. I've watched this film more than three times and it's still a masterpiece.

22. Daniel Garcia's rating of the film I Stand Alone

23. Hollywood Overdose's rating of the film I Stand Alone

This is what "Falling Down" intended to be.

24. lowplacelikehome's rating of the film I Stand Alone