1. un om |care doarme|'s rating of the film I Stand Alone

worst form of alienation - lonelinesse

2. Mihail, caine de circ's rating of the film I Stand Alone

"People think they are free.But freedom doesn't exist.There are only laws that strangers have made for their own good, laws that bind me in unhappiness."

3. freskonthesfenks's rating of the film I Stand Alone

So dark, so depressive. An uncertain man with certain thoughts. He has thoughts about every little thing but he can not implement them. Gaspar Noé used fast-motion in some parts that increased the excitement of those scenes and he flashed some images very well that you can have an idea about The Butcher's thoughts.

4. Igor Ramos's rating of the film I Stand Alone

An intense overdose of misanthropy, cynicism, anger, hate, nihilism, violence and incest courtesy of Noé. It showed an unapologetic start for his career and laid out the foundations for most of the themes he would later explore in his films. Cool stuff.

5. Avenca's rating of the film I Stand Alone

A raw film about man's deepest desire for vengeance. Constant despair and solitude bring out this butcher's need for blood and pain on a demand for justice through "poor people" methods. To each his own morality, to each his own justice.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film I Stand Alone

Une oeuvre "bulldozer" qui séduit et dérange par son radicalisme effréné et son inquiétante logique jusqu'au-boutiste, sillonnant allègrement les arcanes obscures de l'être .... Incontournable ! www.cinefiches.com

7. alchimia's rating of the film I Stand Alone

My goal in life is to become Gaspar Noé's muse.

8. vizija's rating of the film I Stand Alone

Connection with Irreversible, definitely Gaspar is a psychopath.

9. belemir's rating of the film I Stand Alone

10. ughchenausea's rating of the film I Stand Alone

11. arpagick's rating of the film I Stand Alone

12. tomohartono's rating of the film I Stand Alone

Brutal view of life and its hardships through the eye of a misanthropist.

13. Balthaz21's rating of the film I Stand Alone

14. Andrea Streva's rating of the film I Stand Alone

An irresponsible film that perpetuates misogyny and xenophobic actions under the pretext of being "breaking the moral".

15. LauraPalmer's rating of the film I Stand Alone

Grotesque, filthy, perverted, cruel, BRILLIANT. I've watched this film more than three times and it's still a masterpiece.

16. Daniel Garcia's rating of the film I Stand Alone

17. Hollywood Overdose's rating of the film I Stand Alone

This is what "Falling Down" intended to be.

18. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film I Stand Alone

19. Ozan Akinci's rating of the film I Stand Alone

A good slap in the face from Gaspard Noe!!! A strong front window view to the human psychology. A kick in the gutt of mans' most intimate thoughts, and not being shy at all.

20. Egoisms's rating of the film I Stand Alone

Wittgenstein said of Weininger that though he failed miserably we have much to learn from his mistakes. All of Noe's films are spectacular failures. I Stand Alone is no exception. The lesson to take from it is to never make another film like it.

21. Diderot's rating of the film I Stand Alone

It's a bit tedious, but the ending works.

22. Renton47's rating of the film I Stand Alone

Now faced with the eternal quandary of how to dismiss a Noe film without resorting to the base reactions he wants you to dislike it for.. A disservice to anyone who thinks thoughtfully about the human animal as an overvalued entity. Lacks any wit that makes something like 'The Comedy' a genuine subversion of its characters ideals, which just makes this feel hateful. I was never shocked, just bored. I didn't succeed

23. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film I Stand Alone

24. anarresti's rating of the film I Stand Alone

Noe Gaspar's cinema, in later years, would be known to investigate hate and violence. Only recently he would reveal those investigations were really the unrest of someone whose main drive is Love. In "I Stand Alone" it is the roots, the very nature of misanthropy that he looks into. The lead character keeps finding reasons to hate everyone. And he wants to be stronger that way, but everyone is one person too many.

← Previous 1 3 4