1. Jason's rating of the film I Walk Alone

More than merely curious that I WALK ALONE was nearly impossible to see for decades as it is taut and masterful. Physicality, expressive camera, and punchy cutting make it one of the few 40s noirs that genuinely presage Samuel Fuller's subsequent contributions to that genre of genres, christened a posteriori. Great actors aplenty, but I'm always especially fascinated by Lizabeth Scott's dignity and vulnerability.

2. El Biffo's rating of the film I Walk Alone

3.5 Here's an example of a powerful cast taking a trite, cliched script and making it into something worth watching. Kirk Douglas, Burt Lancaster and Lizabeth Scott are all fabulous here. And a little help from great character actor Mike Mazurki. All these people have made better films but I will take a crew like this anytime.

3. Dave's rating of the film I Walk Alone

All of the characters are distinctive, and it’s interesting to watch everyone involved looking out for their own best interest. Although a few will eventually make a turnaround, the majority of the film is each person doing their best to maintain what is theirs. And that use of background music playing throughout every scene adds a certain unnerving quality to it all. A real sleeper of a noir.

4. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film I Walk Alone

Marty's recommendation. Nothing exceptional - though thoroughly enjoyable.